New Mille R test

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : New Mille R test
By Befbever on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 07:48 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Well, just read a test of the new Mille R and I must say I'm glad the Batman cover of the taillights is gone. Other than that, what's new about it?
The even lighter wheels make the bike wanna fall into corners, which not everyone will like I reckon. And the brakes look better than they perform. A bit like the old one then, only more radial expensive.

Try again. 

By Crmc33 on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 07:57 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Youre just jealous Bef
I think the worst bit is the loss of the bat-lights! 

By Rca on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 08:00 am:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

The RSV peaked in 2000 with the introduction of the R and it's gone steadily downhill since then. 

By Baco on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 08:04 am:  View Baco's Profile Search for other posts by Baco Edit this post

Well, I quite like the 02 RSVs and RSV-Rs. And that's not simply because I ride one
TBH, I like the Bat-lights! Sad to see those go. But I don't mind that much, I'm gonna stick with my '02 anyway! Love the bike  

By Crmc33 on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 08:07 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

My fave is the 2001 Mille R in yello especially as you say, they went downhill from 2000 so will be slightly faster due to the hill helping the gearing.

(Please ignore this comment....Mr crmc33 has been wheeled to an old jokes home. He should be out by xmas)  

By Befbever on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 08:12 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Just in time for old Santa jokes?

By Richandall on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 07:56 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

I think you're all horrid!

OK it's what my youngest said to the rest of the family when I rolled up the drive on a new machine & the mean gits refused to come out & admire it!

Look, the RSV/-R are getting some of the best write ups I've seen recently. They race fast, they look fast, they sound fast, they're consistent, they're affordable (if you're in Europe) and they attract growing admiration from all the hacks who ride them. Read TWO Nov/Dec for the latest and PB forever. Stop lurking in the back room like grumpy gits, come out and start enthusing or you don't deserve your daddy and y'all grow up to be miserable orphans or worse! OK!

By Mr_Venjer on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 09:32 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

I like the back of the 2000 but the front of the 2001. I bet Bef has an RSV tucked away in his garage somewhere. In fact maybe Bef has an alias he uses to post on this RSV/R page from time to time. ..... Call in Poirot !

Kevin  

By Befbever on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 11:11 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

True, true, I use the alias 'Powermaster' from time to time.
But only when ze little grey cells are up to it!

By Hammertime on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 12:23 pm:  View Hammertime's Profile Search for other posts by Hammertime Edit this post

I prefer the look of the '01/'02 models. The new '03 tail doesn't look as good. I think It looked better with the 'Batman' cover...

And the lowering of the pillion seat... what for? there can't be that many people who use RSV's for carting people about on? I thought that was what the Falco was for.

Function over form doesn't always work methinks...  

By Falcorob on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 01:09 pm:  View Falcorob's Profile Search for other posts by Falcorob Edit this post

Carting people around on the Falco. Are you mad? With the Suchs shock that can barely cope with one person? Good grief. It may be sold as a sports tourer but even the journalists recognise it's sporting bias. But that rear shock? Why Mr Aprilia? Why?

Rob  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation