Second Hand Clocks - Changing the recorded miles.

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Second Hand Clocks - Changing the recorded miles.
By Selbyrsv on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 09:21 pm:  View Selbyrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Selbyrsv Edit this post

I have just purchased a lightly damaged '02 mille which has done 1200 miles (confirmed by previous owner) but unfortunatly the original clocks were wrecked when it was dropped. I have got a set of clocks second hand but these have 6000 miles showing. Does anybody know of anyway of re-programming the odometer reading or anyone who can do this? Just one of those little things that would finish the bike of nicely  

By Benw on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 01:26 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

Or perhaps you're changing the identity of one? Maybe you want to sell it for more money and are gonna reduce the mileage?

Legit?  

By Befbever on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 02:28 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Hm, my thoughts exactly. First post, selbyrsv?.....

If I knew - and I don't - I wouldn't tell anyone. I wouldn't want to help bike thieves. Would you? 

By Selbyrsv on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 01:08 pm:  View Selbyrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Selbyrsv Edit this post

Yes, it is my first post, and my first RSV (owned for 1 week, bought as a total loss but was minor damage, now being re-built over the winter) I can assure you it is totally legit but I can see where you are coming from. I have the history to prove the 1200 miles from the previous owner but I can see endless hassle at dealers when I need service/warranty work and the milage has jumped 6000 miles in 3 months with no recorded service in between. Does anybody else have experience in this area after changing clocks following a crash/fault cos it looks like I will have to live with the present milage reading. (By the way, I Hope I've convinced you all I'm not a bike thief!)  

By Befbever on Saturday, November 02, 2002 - 03:47 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

You have, you have!

I might be wrong here, but the importer should be able to help you with turning back the mileage. I wouldn't be surprised that if you went there with your proof that it's legit and left your bike there, they'd turn back the clocks for you.
Best contact them.

Hope this helps and welcome to this board!

By Scottaride on Sunday, November 03, 2002 - 03:29 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

Take the internals from the damaged one and put them in the new housing.

Problem solved!!! 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation