A question about chain and sprockets

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : A question about chain and sprockets
By Klingon on Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 02:06 pm:  View Klingon's Profile Search for other posts by Klingon Edit this post

Hi riders,
I´m thinking about change my rear sprocket to a 44 teeth one. Actully my Mille has a 16 th front sprocket and I would like to know if I'll need to changing the chain.
In that case whats the right length for that?

Thank you all.  

By Hammertime on Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 02:20 pm:  View Hammertime's Profile Search for other posts by Hammertime Edit this post

You shouldn't have to change the chain length. Just wind the rear wheel in.

Bike should go like stink.  

By Klingon on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 01:18 pm:  View Klingon's Profile Search for other posts by Klingon Edit this post

Hey Hammertime,
First of all thank you for your answer.
Second, another question. Has you tried that combo (16/44)? Do you like it?  

By Hammertime on Saturday, November 02, 2002 - 02:15 am:  View Hammertime's Profile Search for other posts by Hammertime Edit this post

Unfortunately no. Sorry I can't help you on that one. I've got the standard sprocket at the back with a 16T at the front. It's the mod everyone recommends and for the sort of riding I do (London (UK) traffic jams and some 'A' road sprints) it's spot on.

It's easy enough to do... in fact, the hardest bit was getting the old 17T off! But once the 16T is on, just adjust the chain tension to suit.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation