End Can's??????

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : End Can's??????
By Cph69 on Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 08:04 am:  View Cph69's Profile Search for other posts by Cph69 Edit this post

I'm looking at changing the 3 tone weight that is commonly called an End Can, on my 2001 Mille. Any advice? Which is best for performance? Which is the least amount of hastle to fit? Which require a bit of tweeking / dyno time? and anything else I should introduce to unleash more horses?  

By Sal on Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 11:19 am:  View Sal's Profile Search for other posts by Sal Edit this post

Cph69 its got to be a Renegade system, sounds great, looks great, I've got the twin hi-level titanium system on my mille and have noticed a good power gain. Go for it you will not be disappointed!check out their web site at www.renegade-exhausts.com
Sal 

By Jol on Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 12:12 pm:  View Jol's Profile Search for other posts by Jol Edit this post

I see from the Renegade website that the Titanium end cans range from £455 to £1010 for the full system.

There are other systems as well I think, having a quick look at www.rsvr.net, there are others systems as well, such as Leo Vince, Akrapovic, Arrow and Giannelli ranging from £195 up. Has anyone experience of these other cans?  

By Rsmilly on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 07:45 am:  View Rsmilly's Profile Search for other posts by Rsmilly Edit this post

i fitted a scorpion race can £140 from motorcycle city comes complete with link pipe ,theres a massive wieght saving over the standard rsv can ,it sounds,looks, awesome and scorpion say you dont need to fettle the mapping,fitting a evoluzione air filter from rsvr.net also helped.if your after more bhp your gonna after spend alot more £500+,if you want better sound a cheap ones just as good 

By Hammertime on Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 02:12 pm:  View Hammertime's Profile Search for other posts by Hammertime Edit this post

I've fitted an Aprilia RSC Titanium EVO end can which comes with a chip. I just wanted more noise and wasn't concerned with extra power...

It's an easy upgrade which keeps the warranty intact, reduces weight, looks okay and isn't outrageous dough if you get it from www.RSVR.net.

Oh yeah... and it makes a 'fack'awf' load'a noise!  

By Nbrsv on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 05:06 am:  View Nbrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Nbrsv Edit this post

fitted a wolf can (150), tfi fuel injection box (150+vat includes dyno),K&N (40) and a 16t sprocket (15 quid).

now producing nearly 120hp at back wheel, low down it's much quicker and has evened out the middle range...sounds luvverly too

all for less than the price of an akro end can  

By Powermaster on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 06:36 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Quote:

It's an easy upgrade which keeps the warranty intact

You could be wrong on that. Any race add on be it Aprilia or not will invalidate or warranty  

By Hammertime on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 09:54 am:  View Hammertime's Profile Search for other posts by Hammertime Edit this post

Hmmm... I could be wrong PM, only every Aprilia dealer I've ever spoken to (and all the RSC Ti EVO dealers) have always said to me that the Aprilia RSC Ti EVO and SP cans don't invalidate the warranty.

Crikey! I hope THEY'RE not wrong!!  

By Baco on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 10:15 am:  View Baco's Profile Search for other posts by Baco Edit this post

Installing an Aprilia exhaust will NOT invalidate the warranty. See their brochure and you'll see. So, no worries then  

By Powermaster on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 10:34 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Read your warranty small print and find out.  

By Dave on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 11:33 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Is the rsc can not marked 'for race use only'? Surely, 'racing' your bike would invalidate the warranty?  

By Nige on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 03:06 pm:  View Nige's Profile Search for other posts by Nige Edit this post

Got an RSC Ti Evo can and chip for sale if anyone needs one. Contact me on nigel@scorpiovehiclesecurity.co.uk.

Cheers

Nige 

By Baco on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 01:50 pm:  View Baco's Profile Search for other posts by Baco Edit this post

I installed the Renegade twin ovals on my '02 RSV today (slip-on). They look and sound amazing!
A real head turner, these ones!
Haven't really been able to test performance in depth though, too much fog today. But I can already say that the bike pulls harder, no dips noticed yet!
I love 'em! They should be one anyone's list when looking out for an exhaust. For me, they should be the only one on the list though  

By Mr_Venjer on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 05:33 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

I believe if the Aprilia cans are fitted by a dealer they will not invalidate your warranty if you use that same dealer for warranty work. If you take it to another dealer for warranty work that dealer could be shirty and say its invalidated your warranty and be EVEN MORE less than helpful - if thats possible.

Kevin  

By Jol on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 01:33 am:  View Jol's Profile Search for other posts by Jol Edit this post

I brought an Aprilia Ti Evo can and EPROM from this very thread (cheers Nigel); and all I can say is what a difference. Whilst the weather is rather too crappy to give it some top end wise (plus top speed is all rather hypothetical) the biggest thing I have noticed (apart from the deeper, considerabley better and louder exhaust note) is that the engine seems to bog down less.

Sometimes when in too high a gear with the standard can if you gave it a bit and the revs were around 4-5K then the bike would stutter a bit before picking up. Now the stutter has gone and there seems to be a noticable midrange everywhere.

Any issues? None, a fantastic improvement, warrenty intact and the can was polished really well, so much so that they 'Not for Road use' seems to have disappeared  

By Litre1 on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 11:51 am:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

Anyone tried a Termignoni can? Or is it considered a no-no for an RSV since they are so closely tied to Ducs?  

By Aprsv on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 03:38 am:  View Aprsv's Profile Search for other posts by Aprsv Edit this post

Hi, Has anyone got an EPROM chip for the Titanium Evo For Sale? Cash Waiting. 

By Mille_Vanille on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 05:48 pm:  View Mille_Vanille's Profile Search for other posts by Mille_Vanille Edit this post

Has anyone got any views/experience of the akro slip on?? I have agreed to buy one 2nd hand (6 months old). love the looks, presume it sounds the bollox and there are claims of good power gains??

Anyone??  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation