What pressure do you run your 2207RRs??

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : What pressure do you run your 2207RRs??
By Scottaride on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 06:05 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

Im refering to hard street riding and also some "brisk" touring.

Manual says 33f, 36r for solo for the RR. What do you run and how many miles does your tyre last?  

By Rca on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 02:46 pm:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

I weigh about 220 lbs. I use 35 front and 38 rear. Still getting cupping on front (but less than at lower pressures) and generally need replacing after 3400-3500 miles of street only riding.  

By Geo on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 08:00 pm:  View Geo's Profile Search for other posts by Geo Edit this post

I tried more psi, I tried less and finally decided that the manual was right: 33/36 solo.
With a pillion you need around 40 at the rear.
I stopped getting RRs, they cupped too freaking fast.
I got BT012s now, 3k miles and still not squared off at the rear, very minimal cupping at the front. Am I happy?
No. The front tire is just too stiff for my taste.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation