You cant synchronise throttle bodies on a 02 RSV!

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : You cant synchronise throttle bodies on a 02 RSV!
By Scottaride on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 05:21 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

I went to my dealer today to ask about getting the throttle bodies synchronised, and he said they couldnt be done. Apparently they have a balancing pipe or something like that and the best we can do is try and adjust the fuel mixture screws.

Is he full of sh_t or is that correct?  

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 12:46 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

If they have butterfly valves in the throttle bodies then theyve gotta have a way of syncronising them! Sounds like he's torquing botlox 2 me.

..but I have been wrong b4!  

By Taffrsv on Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 12:54 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

I believe the 02 is the same as my 01 and I can sync the bodies no problem

This site will show you how to do it 

By Scottaride on Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 02:07 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

Taff, The Mille site you gave the link too says this at the bottom (For 01/02 Milles).
They did not synchronize vacuum.

Apparently the cylinder synchronization procedure is this. In summary:

They did not synchronize vacuum, they synchronized %CO emissions, setting them to between 0.8% and 1.3% CO at 1250 rpm (plus or minus 100 rpm). This is quite lean, of course. Coolant temperature during this test is 80-100 C (176-212 F), and air temp is 20-30 C (68-86 F).

Vacuum was checked, and targeted at 300 mbar plus or minus 30 mbar (22.5 cm Hg plus or minus 2.25 cm). The manual warned that small differences in vacuum were acceptable only if the CO% was in range. They did not disconnect the pressure sensor (but my dealer told me they did this at Aprilia training).  

By Scottaride on Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 02:12 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

By Taffrsv on Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 11:10 pm:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

Scott

I bought a cheap set of vacuum gauges and followed the site instructions no problem, the bit on the bottom about CO% is what Aprilia do to get bikes thro immision laws I think  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation