Where to buy a Mille?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Where to buy a Mille?
By Andyjfalco on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 01:42 pm:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

I finaly talked my mate in to test riding a Mille.He's now sold his Fireblade and is going to buy one.
Is there any real difference between a UK bike and an import? Also' any suggestions as to a good place to buy from? We're on the south coast, Portsmouth in fact (still top of div.1)
Falcos rule!
Cheers guys... 

By Scottaride on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 07:11 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

UK bikes are different from Imports. Especially US imports. Some imported bikes have 48mm throttle bodies instead of 51mm and othe restrictions. Just check em.
Cheers
Scotts  

By Gtbg on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 11:14 pm:  View Gtbg's Profile Search for other posts by Gtbg Edit this post

Hi Andyjfalco, is your mate wanting to purchase a new or used mille?  

By Cph69 on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 04:40 am:  View Cph69's Profile Search for other posts by Cph69 Edit this post

I paid £7200 OTR, including delivery from Doncaster to South Wales. I thought it was a pretty good price. Official Import. I done all the test riding in Wales, knew what colour I wanted and I rang them after getting local prices. They came out tops and it was all done over the phone. Chuffed  

By Andyjfalco on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 04:50 am:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

Hi guys, yes he wants a new one. How do you know where an import came from? Is it on the log book?
Cph69, that is a good price. What company was it? Did it include the first service and did you have to go back to them for it?
Thanks guys;
Andy. 

By Cph69 on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 05:32 am:  View Cph69's Profile Search for other posts by Cph69 Edit this post

It was from Carnell Direct. No, it did not include the first service and it did not have to go back to them for the service. But the Official Aprilial Importers up in Scotland have stressed to me that, to maintain the 3yr warrenty it has got to be serviced by a Registered Aprilia Dealer. So make sure there is one close. My nearest is 120 mile round trip.  

By Cph69 on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 05:37 am:  View Cph69's Profile Search for other posts by Cph69 Edit this post

It was from Carnell Direct. It did not include the first service but then again it did not have to go back to them for the srevice. However The official Aprilia Importers in Scotland have stressed to me on the phone that, the services must be done by a registered Aprilial dealer to maintain the warrenty. So make sure there is one local. I have a 120 mile round trip for a service.  

By Cph69 on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 05:38 am:  View Cph69's Profile Search for other posts by Cph69 Edit this post

Some de-javu problem going on 

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 05:54 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Some de-javu problem going on 

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 05:56 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Help! 

By R100gs on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 06:41 am:  View R100gs's Profile Search for other posts by R100gs Edit this post

Throttle body size is 51mm on US spec engines.  

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 06:56 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

apart from the ones with 48mm bodies 

By R100gs on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 07:15 am:  View R100gs's Profile Search for other posts by R100gs Edit this post

Yeah, I've heard the ones in Germany have the 48mm bodies. 

By Andyjfalco on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 08:36 am:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

R100gs, are you serious or just kidding?
The one's we have looked at came from Holland. Are they ok?
Thanks again, Andy.  

By R100gs on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 01:34 pm:  View R100gs's Profile Search for other posts by R100gs Edit this post

Just kidding! Sorry to scare you. 

By Richandall on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 04:05 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

TAZ Motorcycles, Peterborough I don't know where they get them from or if they're franchised by Aprilia but on Monday they were advertising the RSV1000 at £6,695 otr and the RSV-R at £7,895 otr. All 2002 models. Makes you want to start a collection donit?

- Richard 

By Rsvmutley on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 05:53 am:  View Rsvmutley's Profile Search for other posts by Rsvmutley Edit this post

Andy, if your mate is buying a UK bike it comes with a 2 year Maufacturers warranty now, not 1 year factory and then the further 2 years with a warranty insurance company. they were a total nightmare when it came to claims

Be careful with imports as they are ofen harder to get fixed regarding warranty issues, I paid £8999 for an RSVR UK bike, I think you can get last years model now from OYB for 8000 grand or so, but prices should fall over next few weeks with winter coming.

Just my 2p worth 

By Crmc33 on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 07:01 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

If I were buying one then I would try n find the cheapest parallel Mille in the universe and then if things go wrong, spend the moeny youve saved on fixing em. Chances are not a lot will go wrong.
..but thats just my opioionion!  

By Andyjfalco on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 09:13 am:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

Right, he's getting a Mille from Planet Moto in Whitehill nr.Bordon. £6800 otr. It's an import from Denmark, is it full power? anyone got one from there?
Thanks again,
Andy

I'll be glad when he gets it!!!  

By Nige on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 10:59 am:  View Nige's Profile Search for other posts by Nige Edit this post

Was at Carnells in Peterborough on Saturday. They had a 2002 R in Black for sale at £8495! UK bike too. That only makes about £700 more than an import.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation