First nasty (nearly)

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : First nasty (nearly)
By Brianr on Saturday, September 07, 2002 - 11:51 am:  View Brianr's Profile Search for other posts by Brianr Edit this post

Dam those Mille brakes are good.
Just minding my own business about 80-90 MPH when the car in front (as I thought) slams on the brakes as the rear lights up light a Christmas tree. No time for thinking reflex brake action as I grab a right hand full.
Now remember I have only had this thing a couple of weeks, and as it happens it was the cars fog lights going on not the brakes
It was all over in a second, the bike just stopped (well the front wheel did) the rest of the bike continued. I must have been almost vertical before my brain yells "LEAVE GO OF THE F&^%ING BRAKE" I did and the bike majestically drooped to earth all the right way up but some 60 MPH slower. I removed my nuts from the tank and looked around confidently in a kind of "I meant to do that" kind of way. Continued home at 30 MPH and changed underwear and had a beer

Dam those Mille brakes are good  

By Hansie on Saturday, September 07, 2002 - 02:07 pm:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

Quote:

Dam those Mille brakes are good

We call it sufficent.

Hansie 

By Befbever on Sunday, September 08, 2002 - 01:25 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Try and keep the thing in one piece, will you Brian?  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation