Clip ons ??

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Clip ons ??
By Eddie on Tuesday, September 03, 2002 - 09:17 am:  View Eddie's Profile Search for other posts by Eddie Edit this post

Any body out there fitted standard Mille clip ons too the Mille R ( Ohlin) forks ? if so how. I know the R tops are 51mm and the Showas are 53mm, just wondered if its possible to convert them ie: a sleeve type spacer or possibly removing metal from where the pinch bolt is any idea's

cheers ED  

By Scottaride on Sunday, September 08, 2002 - 02:35 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

You can easily have a sleeve type spacer put in and it will work perfectly well.

I just bought a set of Tommiselli adjustable clipons and fitted them to my new Mille. They worked great. They only came in 52 and 54 clamp sizes, so I had the 52's milled out. Worked great.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation