Which sounds best, the Rene Duel Carbons, Steel or the Titanium?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Which sounds best, the Rene Duel Carbons, Steel or the Titanium?
By Scottaride on Monday, August 26, 2002 - 08:28 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

Im about to buy a Renegade duel hi mount slipon system and dont mind the look of Steel, Titanium or Carbon. But which gives the nicest sound? (I do like it loud and deep....so to speak
How do they compair? 

By Exdukenut on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 01:05 am:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Scott, I think you will find that the Carbons sound the best (a bit more give in the material), but as per the other site they might not last as long. That's why I went for the Titaniums, better looking and a bit more durable, as well as being able to repair them better, if god forbid you happen to ever to come down.

I honestly don't think there is much in it though sound wise. The Carbons here in Australia, with the noise police etc would pick them immediately for aftermarket, and have me off the road. The Ti's look very similar to the originals, and therefore allow me possibly to get away with it. Jorge does a wonderful job of hiding the Not For road use stamp that is req'd.

Just do it. You know you want them!!!! 

By Scottaride on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 01:25 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

Yep, surely do want them. I've got to email Jorge pics with the Ventura Rack brackets in place to make sure the Duel hi-mounts will fit. I'll be pissed of if they cant be easily adapted as I need the rack due to the boss lady goin on the back all the time....and her need for bloody luggage even if it is only a half bloody day trip...Crazy. Still, she is the boss!!!(She may read this).

I'm not concerned about the noise here in NZ as the police here dont give a toss, which is great! So I'd actually prefer a louder pipe 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation