Track Day Pics

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Track Day Pics
By Myapriliarsv on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 06:53 am:  View Myapriliarsv's Profile Search for other posts by Myapriliarsv Edit this post

John and I drove a miserable 13.5 hours to Virginia to do a track day at VIR. We rode the South course, which was pretty sweet, but next year we will be doing a two day track day and hitting both courses...

The bikes:
My 02' R, John's 00.5' RSV and 97/98 GSXR600 Track bikeText description 

By Myapriliarsv on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 06:57 am:  View Myapriliarsv's Profile Search for other posts by Myapriliarsv Edit this post

notice the rain in the above picture, not only did we drive 13.5 hours...it rained out at 2PM...
:(

Me coming around the Old Oak Tree on the South Course
Text description

Text description 

By Myapriliarsv on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 07:02 am:  View Myapriliarsv's Profile Search for other posts by Myapriliarsv Edit this post

Me (#693) and John (#740 - his GSXR600)

Text description

John on his Gixxer

Text description 

By Myapriliarsv on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 07:09 am:  View Myapriliarsv's Profile Search for other posts by Myapriliarsv Edit this post

Turn 6 at VIR...where I tried pushing the Pirelli's to the max and the rear tire gave way and I slide my new 02' R down the track :(

I think a little too much throttle while in a full lean is a bad thing. No worries though, took the destroyed Sato rear set off, through on the stocker and away i went...
Text description

Text description 

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 07:09 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

you ought to be on a race track! 

By Myapriliarsv on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 07:10 am:  View Myapriliarsv's Profile Search for other posts by Myapriliarsv Edit this post

Turn 6 at VIR...where I tried pushing the Pirelli's to the max and the rear tire gave way and I slide my new 02' R down the track :(

I think a little too much throttle while in a full lean is a bad thing. No worries though, took the destroyed Sato rear set off, threw on the stocker and away i went...
Text description

Text description 

By Befbever on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 07:23 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Great pics, Jim!

Quote:

No worries though, took the destroyed Sato rear set off, threw on the stocker and away i went...

You must have a flourishing business.

By Myapriliarsv on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 07:27 am:  View Myapriliarsv's Profile Search for other posts by Myapriliarsv Edit this post

Nahhh not really...business is off 30% last two months....and this is supposed to be busy season... i lost my operation's manager and I have to work 7 days a week for now...but i cannot get too upset and dumping my bike....put it on the track and that is the chance that we take...okay i am bummed out...but at least i didn't break any bones this time :)  

By Racerxlilbro on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 07:51 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Yikes! How much "other" damage is there? I'm doing my first track day on the 25th of September...can't wait...  

By Befbever on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 07:51 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

That's the spirit!

Allow me to apologize for my remark then. Little did I know...
Still, as long as we've got our health eh?  

By Myapriliarsv on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 08:00 am:  View Myapriliarsv's Profile Search for other posts by Myapriliarsv Edit this post

look at some of the pics on the top and you can kind of see the scraps on the fairings. the rear cowl got it also ... well i guess i now have race plastics. the carbon thingy has a hole in it...tape on it in the above pics...the frames sliders and the solid rear sets saved it from alot of damage

Brad I am unsure how aggressive you ride, but a track day is as safe as you want it to be... I was in a full lean and rolled on the throttle a little too much and the next thing I knew I was sliding and the rear end of the bike was out in front of me...I kept on the throttle, but no luck...but then again no highside either :)  

By Myapriliarsv on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 09:24 am:  View Myapriliarsv's Profile Search for other posts by Myapriliarsv Edit this post

#740 John (Two Tone RSV) \clipart (#693 Me){laff}...actually he bought parts off eBay and painted them for track plastics...

Text description

Text description

Text description 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation