Drain Tube Under Fuel Cap, Where does it go to?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Drain Tube Under Fuel Cap, Where does it go to?
By Rca on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 01:06 am:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

The drain tube (small hole under the fuel cap to the left rear of fuel filling hole) is blocked and full of water. I've tried pushing a bit of flexible wire down it to clear, the wire goes about 20 inches then hits something solid, looking under the tank I can't figure out where the drain tube goes too, any ideas on how best to clear it.  

By Hansie on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 06:51 am:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

Maybe its jamed between the tank and the frame , put the tank up and try again. The drain ends on the left side , near the shock , its one of the 3 tubes.

Hansie  

By Rca on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 01:38 am:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

Hansie,

Thanks, with your help in indentifying them I've disconnected the tubes at the base of the tank and checked they are clear. Although I note on mine they are on the right hand side (I guess it depends on which way you are facing). The problem is in the tube as it passes through the tank. I am begining to suspect this thing may have been blocked since new.

Russell  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation