Evoluzione license plate holder

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Evoluzione license plate holder
By Mr_Venjer on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 03:50 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Does anyone have one of these ? I want to tidy the rear end of the bike with one. I wanted to know if it was for small number plates only as I still have my original plate on.

I also wanted to know if it would interfere with my twin rene high levels, any ideas ?

Thanks

Kevin  

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 09:07 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

I've got one...and Jorge hated it! It only mounts in one spot, so it can spin around. Also, unless you guys have teenie tiny license plates, it won't fit between the cans. Mine had to be rolled on the edges to keep from rubbing the cans. 

By Baco on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 09:09 am:  View Baco's Profile Search for other posts by Baco Edit this post

I have one on my bike. Mine fits on 2 points (where the rear lights surround connects to the rear fairing), so no problems there. Check out http://www.barcoo.be and follow the "My Mille" link. I like it, looks far better than the original rear end  

By Brianr on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 09:29 am:  View Brianr's Profile Search for other posts by Brianr Edit this post

I had one. One point mounting. Had to make up two wires attached to each extremity to stop it rotating. Number plate is restricted to (from memory) 7.5 inches wide then it fouls the indicators.

BrianR  

By Powermaster on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 12:39 pm:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Racer, how could you ,I did not even know who made it The war is going to start again, AHHHHHHHHHHH,
TOMO, get the plane tickets, we are going on holiday and postpone the TNT  

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 01:47 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Uh oh!

Those plane tickets...they wouldn't happen to say "LAX" on them?

Honest, Jorge didn't know they'd make less power than stock when I mounted them! Oops! I did it again! 

By Ronnie on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 04:17 am:  View Ronnie's Profile Search for other posts by Ronnie Edit this post

Hi all
I just bought one from rsvr.net for my Falco.
Excellent product,2 point mounting.
Had to fit it further back than standard to clear the Fighter pipes but all in all very pleased.

Ronnie  

By Mr_Venjer on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 12:25 pm:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Just ordered the license plate relocator and some R&G crash bobbins. Should have them tomorrow. Should have my race fairings next week too

Kevin 

By Racerxlilbro on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 12:36 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

I'm thinking the ability to swing one's plate to the side could be advantageous. Makes it harder for the "plod" to see, no?? 

By Mr_Venjer on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 11:24 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Wahey, done it. Can someone tell me why they did not supply nuts for the screws they sent ??

Kevin 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation