Might be joining you lot........ BrianR

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Might be joining you lot........ BrianR
By Brianr on Friday, August 09, 2002 - 08:07 am:  View Brianr's Profile Search for other posts by Brianr Edit this post

Ok just sold the Falco and an RSVR is a calling

where do I get one from. Need a UK Black 2002 RSVR. so who has the best deal.

got to be quick i bored without a bike

BrianR  

By Mr_Venjer on Friday, August 09, 2002 - 12:09 pm:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

So near and yet so ....... RSVR, RSVR, RSVR !!!

Go on BrianR, look, even your name has it ! Brian R on his RSVR !!!!

Kevin 

By Nick on Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 03:49 am:  View Nick's Profile Search for other posts by Nick Edit this post

Brian,

Motorcycle City were doing some good prices on RSV's of late

I thought you'd eventually come over to the 'dark side'!

nick  

By Brianr on Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 10:23 am:  View Brianr's Profile Search for other posts by Brianr Edit this post

Deposite paid today on a new 2002 RSV-R in Black. pick it up next Friday.........cant wait.
looks like the dark side has got me after all

BrianR  

By Brianr on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 03:45 am:  View Brianr's Profile Search for other posts by Brianr Edit this post

got it !!!!

By Diablo_Mille_R on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 03:59 am:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

Hehe, well done for seeing the light Brian! Welcome to a world of Milledom and stuff. Where did you buy, and how much in the end? (If you don't mind posting that info)  

By Brianr on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 04:06 am:  View Brianr's Profile Search for other posts by Brianr Edit this post

Got it from my Local dealer in North Baddasley nr Southampton. Paid about £200 over the odds (aginst web and press offerings)for that privlage but rekon it was worth it so I had a local man to look after it. Will let you know how I get on with them.

Going back outside to look at it again
BrianR  

By Diablo_Mille_R on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 04:16 am:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

WHAT!!!!!!!!!! Get your leathers on and take it for a jolly good spanking before the commuter traffic starts this evening, you can get 200 miles on her, get home for tea than another 200 later!  

By Brianr on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 09:25 am:  View Brianr's Profile Search for other posts by Brianr Edit this post

LOL
Did just that. Expect it was about 100 and now its tea time. Running her in so cant thrash it yet. Man is it smoth compaered to my Falco (newness i guess). power delivery seems much more smooth. I now have a fly on the fairing, is this a warrenty claim.
As I have nothing better to do with my time I will update you lot with the progress.

oh yea.... all the kids in the street (some dads and one or two mums) came out to look at it when i brought it home so it has some cred.

Tea then out again

BrianR
who will sleep with the owners hanbook tonight  

By Tokas on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 11:57 pm:  View Tokas's Profile Search for other posts by Tokas Edit this post

Sorry we lost you from the Falco side Brian. But We're all a big familly, aren't we?

Last number of Bike magazine (Sweden) had a comparasive test of Aprilia RSV Mille R, Ducati 998 S and Honda ST-2. I'll give you their points...

Deltest Aprilia RSV mille R Ducati 998S Honda SP-2
Engine 66 p 70 p 70 p
Transmission 25 p 25 p 24 p
Chassi 83 p 72 p 75 p
Drivers environment36 p 28 p 30 p
Highway* 16 p 17 p 13 p
Total 226 p 212 p 212 p
Track times on Calafat:
F. Christóbal 1'32.98'' 1'33.64'' 1'35.06''
Chr. Lindholm 1'31.70'' 1'33.49'' 1'33.57''
Average 1'32.34'' 1'33.565'' 1'34.315''

The 998 and SP-2 may have more max power & torque, but the RSVR still ends up on with best times on the track!
*Highway; Aprila would have gotten 3 extra points if it would have had an sorry excuse for pillon as the others...

Guess if I had a good laugh when a pal of mine (with a Duc 748) thought it was an unfair test; "It should have been against the Duc 998R!" -But the 998S are still 33% more expensive than the two other bikes here... 

By Racerxlilbro on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 08:26 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Well, maybe you can help this side of the board catch up with posts! 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation