Re: Uneven pipe length Renegades Hi Mount slipons?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Re: Uneven pipe length Renegades Hi Mount slipons?
By Scottaride on Thursday, August 08, 2002 - 08:29 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

Heres a question for you techno/mechanical wizards out there. In the Rene Hi Mount Slip-ons the pipe length for the left muffler is alot longer than the one for the right muffler, and I have always been of the belief that the pipe length for exhausts should be the same.

Now I realise that the header pipes are the same length before they go from 2 into 1, but once they split back into 2 pipes again, wouldnt it provide better performance if the pipes were the same length to each muffler? Or will it not make any diference?  

By Mental_Trev on Friday, August 09, 2002 - 12:34 am:  View Mental_Trev's Profile Search for other posts by Mental_Trev Edit this post

Hey! is MY name... are you trying to tell me you want one pipe sticking out behind the bike further than the other?!!!

I don't know whether doing what you say would make any performance difference but it sure as hell would look wierd (and ugly)!

Are you sure that this hasn't already been compensated for by using a narrower diameter on the longer pipe to ensure that the overall volume is equalised in each pipe? 

By Scottaride on Sunday, August 11, 2002 - 02:31 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

Dam stupid idea having one end sticking out longer than the other, but as to whether one pipe is a larger Dia than the other, I dont know. Is it? 

By Mental_Trev on Monday, August 12, 2002 - 10:54 am:  View Mental_Trev's Profile Search for other posts by Mental_Trev Edit this post

How should I know? I ride the Starship SuperFalco (well c'mon, it DOES have warp factor capability, you know?!) so I've yet to see a Mille capable of getting in front and staying in front of me so that I could examine the respective pipe diameters for you!

By Befbever on Monday, August 12, 2002 - 11:14 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Go on my son! 

By Racerxlilbro on Monday, August 12, 2002 - 12:31 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Trev,

I'd make a snappy reply, but am too busy trying to extricate a cigar from the nether regions (my president thinks that's where Sweden is...).

See, Jorge, I do exactly what you tell me! 

By Powermaster on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 01:34 pm:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Quote:

See, Jorge, I do exactly what you tell me

Inside joke Bef, derail, derail.
Hellooooooo any one there  

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 09:08 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

LOL! 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation