Hard arse Mille seat. any alternatives ?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Hard arse Mille seat. any alternatives ?
By Mr_Venjer on Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 12:24 pm:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

If I go for a blast my bum aches for ages. Are there any alternatives ? I mnean, I know the seat is cushioned but damn, why the pain after an hour or so in the saddle ?

No cheeky comments from Falco owners !! In fact:

DISCLAIMER
I Kevin Johnson in no way recognise ANY bike to be superior to my RSVR. The comfort is remarkable and it is me that has the problem not the bike. The bike is perfect. Look at my grin.

Kevin

PS, The grin was even bigger when I whizzed past my pal on his R6 - and boss on Super Blackbird - tee hee hee ! 

By Exdukenut on Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 04:47 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Go to www.sheepyhollow.com and get a small sheepskin cover for the seat. $Aust35.00. Ads that little bit extra to the padding but not to the overall seat height.

Just a suggestion.  

By Scottaride on Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 07:02 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

Harden up wossy boy. Only real men should be riding an RSV, and complaining about your butt only makes people talk about you behind your back 

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 11:17 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

MandP or similar companies do seat gel packs to soften the blow.

Youre obviously not hanging off enough, even in a straight line 

By Nick on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 08:22 am:  View Nick's Profile Search for other posts by Nick Edit this post

RSVR.net are selling the American made Corbin seats for the Mille.
They are supposed to be far more comfortable than standard bike seats.
Never tried one myself though.  

By Befbever on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 09:46 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Quote:

If I go for a blast my bum aches for ages

Use better paper?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation