Factory pro

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Factory pro
By Boosta on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 02:21 pm:  View Boosta's Profile Search for other posts by Boosta Edit this post

for my RSV
whats the best map to run, wire connected, or not
??  

By Fastdaz on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 03:18 pm:  View Fastdaz's Profile Search for other posts by Fastdaz Edit this post

Forget factory pro, buy pc3 (you know you want it) sell chip to someone you know (real knockdown sale prices. Use your internet art to download shitloads of maps, (oh lordy laptop overload) plug in and she's gone (whoooosh)
Sounds good, i'll bet
Daz 

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 10:57 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

I dont think answered the question did it?
Maybe email FP themselves. 

By Taffrsv on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 12:38 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

From what I have learnt 1 map is for a slip on can the other for a full system, but there is no pattern to which map people are using it seems to go down to personel preference.

I was due on the dyno 20/7 but it got cancelled so I have no firm evidence, but my arse tells me map 13 is stronger btm to mid and map 14 is stronger top end, both maps create a very smooth engine low down. When I eventually get it dyno'd I will post my findings.

Taff.  

By Salkhan on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 05:51 am:  View Salkhan's Profile Search for other posts by Salkhan Edit this post

WHen I dyno'd with my SP Ti Slip-on / Evo Air Filter / Evo Ignition Amp w/wires / and FP chip setup back in March - I only got .5 HP difference at BEST. This was with cylinders synched but no adjustments in the CO pots.

But, the line was smoother and delivery felt much nicer. I never compared it to the "stock" SP Ti chip, but I dyno'd just under 114 HP peak I believe.  

By Geo on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 06:54 am:  View Geo's Profile Search for other posts by Geo Edit this post

I dynoed my US spec bike with the 1413 and the RSC chip.
Wire disconected the facpro was way down past 9,000 rpms, wire connected it was barely the same as the prilia chip at the top, and still less at mid rpms.
Renegade airkit + rsc evo slipon.
Geo  

By Scottaride on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 01:41 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

Unfortunately its not as simple as using the same map that worked for someone else, you'll need to experiment. Dont worry what map worked best for someone else because your bikes fuel pressure and state of tune will be different to other bikes. Even the fuel you use will differ. Hence you need to experiment, probably using a dyno. I know its not the answer you wanted, but in the end you'll want good results for YOUR bike. 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation