Looking for Mille Shifter

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Looking for Mille Shifter
By Oab97 on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 07:29 am:  View Oab97's Profile Search for other posts by Oab97 Edit this post

I'd like to put a Mille shift lever on my Falco to create a GP (1 up - 5 down) shift pattern, and hopefully achieve a more firm shifting feel as well. Does anybody have and extra one they would give up for a reasonable price or should I just go get robber by the dealer?  

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 12:23 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Before you buy a new one maybe call Spondon engineering / Harris or someone similar. They could probably make one for the same price or cheaper and it will be stronger and nicer looking.

HTH. 

By Oreo_N2 on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 09:37 am:  View Oreo_N2's Profile Search for other posts by Oreo_N2 Edit this post

i think i want one of these shifters too, for the exact same reason.  

By Richandall on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 08:22 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Eh, Eh? (waking up with difficulty)Me too, I want one. Did you get a price on a Harris/Spondon jobby Oab97? Oreo_N2??

- Rich  

By Oab97 on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 09:30 am:  View Oab97's Profile Search for other posts by Oab97 Edit this post

No, I'm still trying to locate a plain'ol stock Mille shift lever. They're ~$50 U.S. from the dealer. But if somebody that put on rear sets or something has one lying around I should be able to get it cheaper.

I did ride up to the closest dealer, it's almost an hour away, yesterday. I had them take the shift lever off a new Mille to make sure the plan would work. It worked perfectly. The splines are the same size and the toe lever itself ends up in the exact same position as the stock setup. All you need is the shift lever itself. You don't need and bracketry, foot pegs, rear sets, heel plates, or modifications. It's a two minute job with an 8mm wrench if you can find a lever.

I can't imagine that a custom job would be any cheaper than $50, but if somebody can tell me otherwise I might look into it.  

By Crmc33 on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 10:37 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Since they are only $50 then I think youre right that it proably wont be any cheaper to go for a custom one. 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation