On the Renegade Duel high mounts for a 2001 Mille, does the rear footpegs get spacers or do they remain standard?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : On the Renegade Duel high mounts for a 2001 Mille, does the rear footpegs get spacers or do they remain standard?
By Scottaride on Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 06:37 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

In some of the pics of the 1999/2000 bikes I noticed what seems to be spacers on the pillion mounting pegs, forcing the pillions legs wider....(hmmm, might be a good thing for my wife). Does this happen on the 2001 models and how does if affect pilion comfort? 

By Mr_Venjer on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 07:38 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Mate, I have not had any complaints myself. They probably go out about an inch and a half further than the standard footrests, 2 inches tops !!

I can't see a pillion even noticing the difference. I used to keep my footrests and spacers under the seat hump but now I have them on the bike permanently.

Kevin  

By Scottaride on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 05:15 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

What year is your bike Kevin?  

By Mr_Venjer on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 02:17 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

2001 RSVR. I bought the pillion kit off a guy on the web and had it fitted.

I'll tell you what, I'll get some pictures taken, hopefully today and post them on the web for you !

Kevin  

By Scottaride on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 02:18 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

Thanks Kevin. Much appreciated for your help and feedback. Where are you based. I'm in Auckland, New Zealand. We have some dam fine back roads within 20-30 min of the city center and they make for some fun scratching. Plenty of tight twisties, long sweepers and the odd long high speed straights. But best of all, theres very few cops here and we seldom see them on the B roads. Not that I'd ever consider exceeding the draconian 100kph speed limit.
Cheers 

By Mr_Venjer on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 02:57 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

1,acfwqlzkgwza.jpg
First attempt. 

By Mr_Venjer on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 03:01 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

mvc-002f.jpg
First attempt. 

By Mr_Venjer on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 03:03 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Bollox. Try 2.
mvc-002f.jpg 

By Mr_Venjer on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 03:05 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

double bollox.

1,mvc-002f.jpg 

By Crmc33 on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 03:14 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

is it oversize (matron)?  

By Mr_Venjer on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 03:16 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Boys, this is a joke.
mvc-002f.jpg 

By Mr_Venjer on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 03:20 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Woo hoo ! I did it !

No comments on the dirty bike. I cleaned it yesterday so now its gleaming. Tally ho, off to Amsterdam I will go !!
mvc-003f.jpg 

By Mr_Venjer on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 03:22 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

mvc-004f.jpg 

By Mr_Venjer on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 03:23 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

mvc-005f.jpg 

By Scottaride on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 05:49 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

Hey, does the pillion get a hot butt on the bike or melt their boots or wet weathers on the pipe?  

By Scottaride on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 05:53 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

Just in case "She who must be obeyed" reads this and takes offence, , I'd like to mention that she already has a hot Butt....and it looks nothing like this one  

By Spoof on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 08:01 am:  View Spoof's Profile Search for other posts by Spoof Edit this post

My pillion was very concerned about the widened position of the pegs. Turns out that she doesn't even notice though. If I had not mentioned it, she would probably never have known there was a change. The pipes to not get to hot for her either. This is on a Falco, mind.  

By Mr_Venjer on Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 12:34 pm:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Nah, no hot butts or melted anything. In fact my cous rode pillion yesterday in trainers and a tee shirt. And jeans before any pervs get on my case.

Kevin  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation