What are the best Frame sliders for the 2001 RSV?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : What are the best Frame sliders for the 2001 RSV?
By Scottaride on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 09:27 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

Does anyone have them and do you need to cut the fairing?  

By Fastdaz on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 07:44 am:  View Fastdaz's Profile Search for other posts by Fastdaz Edit this post

HI scott, seen a set of r&g protectors on a rsv last weekend, they looked pretty good, no mods to bottom sliders but top ones require a 25mm hole through black panels (just behind fans).
I ordered a set a couple of days ago from rsvr.net, hopefully i can fit before first trackday pretty soon.
cheers daz  

By Nick on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 08:36 am:  View Nick's Profile Search for other posts by Nick Edit this post

A pic of the R&G bobbins fitted

R and G bobs 

By Taffrsv on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 08:40 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

I have just fitted a set, when fitting make sure the washers on the top bobbins fit on to the machined spot faces on the engine mount not the cast part or you will not get a tight fit and they could flex and snap off if you drop it.

R&G 

By Taffrsv on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 08:41 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

foook me someones got the same bike as me  

By Fastdaz on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 02:11 pm:  View Fastdaz's Profile Search for other posts by Fastdaz Edit this post

Taff,
obviusly you fitted them yourself, what did you use to make hole for top fitting, top tips much appreciated
cheers daz  

By Taffrsv on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 02:17 pm:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

follow the instructions with the bobbins, then open out holes using a dremil, be carefull with this tool they seem to have a mind of there own, also make sure you take the foam padding off behind.  

By Fastdaz on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 02:28 pm:  View Fastdaz's Profile Search for other posts by Fastdaz Edit this post

Taff
BTW what lap times were you doing at croft?  

By Taffrsv on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 02:40 pm:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

slow I never pushed myself the main thing was to have some fun and come home in one piece, and I have to admit I could not suss out the damn lap timer  

By Fastdaz on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 02:56 pm:  View Fastdaz's Profile Search for other posts by Fastdaz Edit this post

Taff
sorry to bug you, but seen some pics on aprilia forum about airbox mods, i know you made your own kit, can you send some pics of mods and info on what you used as base plate (i'm a big fan on diy if you can), btw seen your tyres after croft (takin it easy i bet) cheers Daz
fastdaz@btinternet.com 

By Boosta on Friday, August 02, 2002 - 01:13 am:  View Boosta's Profile Search for other posts by Boosta Edit this post

(i'm a big fan on diy if you can),
hehe
you should stay away from those Pr0n sites DAz

get a rene air kit, you know you need one :P
Boosta  

By Rsvdave on Friday, August 02, 2002 - 05:12 am:  View Rsvdave's Profile Search for other posts by Rsvdave Edit this post

Scottaride,

I'm using the Motrax Top Blocks. Solid piece of kit (if not the cheapest) and were dead easy to fit. They only do the lowers and require no modifications.

RSV Dave  

By Webhamster on Friday, August 02, 2002 - 07:09 am:  View Webhamster's Profile Search for other posts by Webhamster Edit this post

I can't reccommend the R&G ones highly enough personally.  

By Boosta on Sunday, August 04, 2002 - 09:21 am:  View Boosta's Profile Search for other posts by Boosta Edit this post

R&G ones work a treat, pics will foillow  

By Scottaride on Sunday, August 04, 2002 - 06:27 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

Thanks for the advice  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation