Akropovic Slip-on Vs Renegade Duel High Mount?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Akropovic Slip-on Vs Renegade Duel High Mount?
By Scottaride on Sunday, July 14, 2002 - 06:26 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

I have a new 2001 Mille and am looking at either an Akropovic slip-on Titanium end can for NZ$1,250 or the Rennegade Duel Hi mount (one each side)Titaniums for NZ$1,850 (Its the Renne slip-on half system). I think the Renne looks great, but do you think it will perform as well as the Akropovic? Is it worth the extra for the Renne?Anyone ridden a bike with both and can compare? Any thoughts or abuse accepted gladly  

By Rsvdave on Monday, July 15, 2002 - 01:30 am:  View Rsvdave's Profile Search for other posts by Rsvdave Edit this post

I have the Akra Ti slip-on and it's perfect for me - great quality and sounds superb.

Can't comment on the Rene's I'm afraid - I've never seen/heard them. I'm sure someone else can oblige...

RSV Dave 

By Nick on Monday, July 15, 2002 - 03:02 am:  View Nick's Profile Search for other posts by Nick Edit this post

I with Dave

My Akra slip on sounds just right, looks superb and gives a couple of extra hp from the midrange upwards

nick  

By Befbever on Monday, July 15, 2002 - 10:44 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Quote:

I think the Renne looks great, but do you think it will perform as well as the Akropovic?

No. It will perform better.  

By Mr_Venjer on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 05:56 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Scott, I have the Rene dual high mount slip ons on my 2001 R. Geez, they sound the nutz and look the nutz.

Can't comment on the Akras as I have never seen or heard them on a Mille.

If you go for the Renes see if you can get a good deal on the airkit thing (I have this too). See my dyno too for a comparison against stock and with the Rene chip.

http://www.smartgroups.com/pictures/openpicture.cfm?GID=875554&AlbumID=1545065&PictureID=6564250&Layout=L&Sort=ordernum&Dir=ASC

copy and paste all the above - I know it came out manky, sorry.

Anything you buy will be better than the baby hippo you have now

Kevin

PS, 123RWHP !! 

By Scottaride on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 07:58 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

Thanks for the info guys, and for the link. Kevin, the dyno graphs make interesting reading. I think I'll go with the duel high mounts and airbox mod. I note some people do there own airbox mod. I wonder how simple it would be to make one? I also wonder how the engine heat effects the Renne airbox compared to the Mototek SP unit that seals to the bottom of the tank?  

By Exdukenut on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 08:52 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Scottaride, I have the Rene Airkit and the TI slipons on the Falco, and can honestly say that the airkit is the business. How does 10HP more through the midrange sound (Dyno measured). As to the sound of the Rene pipes they are loud but unobtrusive (IMHO). 1HP at top end over RSC pipes & chip. Also you get a chip with the Rene pipes.

And the heat generated by the engine disapates as soon as you start moving as fresh/colder air comes in. So the airkit always has colder air being forced into it and thus the engine, whilst moving.

See ya. 

By Mr_Venjer on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 04:05 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Scott, the only person I know that has made their own airbox replacement is Taffrsv - but he is in the "making things" game anyway. Evoluzione do a similar replacement kit to Renegade then you have straight air filters like the SP or K&N.

When I went to Renegade we did a run with the fuel tank lifted off and you could see from the results that the higher the volume of air the more power derived.

Definately go for the Evo or Rene replacement kit.

Peace.  

By Powermaster on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 03:50 pm:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

@venjer  

By R100gs on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 06:01 pm:  View R100gs's Profile Search for other posts by R100gs Edit this post

Tell me more about this tank replacement kit.And this is the guy testing the next exhaust shootout! LOFL 

By Mr_Venjer on Thursday, July 18, 2002 - 02:24 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

OK ok. I have read over what I wrote and I obviously used the wrong terms. Someone set me straight. Powermaster don't be sad - I can still be a young jedi !! Master Yoda doesn't know shit

R100gs, I am not "testing" just "observing". I am the most mechanically inept fool on a motorbike. I stick to what I am good at, chatting up birds and playing football !

Kevin 

By Befbever on Thursday, July 18, 2002 - 07:44 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Kevin, it might have been

Quote:

Definately go for the Evo...

Jorge was referring to.

Glad I could help.

Peas to you too.

By Mr_Venjer on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 04:51 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Oh the Evo thing. Whilst trying to remain impartial I may have offended some. Scottaride, obviously I bought the Renegade Airbox kit as I said above. Jorge is a good salesman without actually selling. It was word of mouth and referrals that convinced me.

Anyway, how is that for an apology without saying sorry ? Jorge, can I come back to light saber training now ? I am about to watch the Rockingham video to see exactly how shyte I was.

If you do not hear from me from a while I am either inconsoleable or arranging plastic surgery to enlarge my knees. No knee down ? Not after my op !! Surgeon - give me 4 inches on my knees ....

Kevin  

By Befbever on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 09:07 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

No kneedown with legs that size?

Whilst watching said video you will notice the diff between the slow group and the fast, but I didn't get my knee down either. Got my pegs down tho.
And my leg over the other night - but I digress.  

By Nick on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 08:48 am:  View Nick's Profile Search for other posts by Nick Edit this post

Akra slip-on 

By Nick on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 08:52 am:  View Nick's Profile Search for other posts by Nick Edit this post

Dscf0007sml 

By Taffrsv on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 08:53 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

try again  

By Benw on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 08:54 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

Where's this video?  

By Befbever on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 09:49 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

It's right here.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation