Whats the best way to change the front sprocket

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Whats the best way to change the front sprocket
By Boosta on Monday, July 01, 2002 - 11:09 am:  View Boosta's Profile Search for other posts by Boosta Edit this post

I need to fit my old falco front 16tooth to my new rsv

On the falco it was easy, leave chain on etc..
With the RSV it seems to be a bit more involved, do I need to split the chain?

Also anyone got an RSV with the new metzlers on
I don�t like em and think my bike is slow at turning in
Any help or views appreciated

-Boosta-  

By Taffrsv on Monday, July 01, 2002 - 11:14 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

No need to split the chain, drop the lower fairing, remove the the sprocket cover taking care of the wires attached, slacken right off the rear wheel adjusters, its a fiddle but now you can change the sprocket.

Taff.  

By Fastdaz on Monday, July 01, 2002 - 12:34 pm:  View Fastdaz's Profile Search for other posts by Fastdaz Edit this post

Easy m8, twat the sprocket cover with 2pound hammer the plastic will give way nicely, insert crowbar between sprocket and engine, force off, fit new.

do not worry about any possible damage, warranty should cover that.

see you tomorrow for this simple job.

Fast 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation