Ive read about the Renegade airbox (removal) kit. How good is it and is a similar thing also availiable elsewhere?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Ive read about the Renegade airbox (removal) kit. How good is it and is a similar thing also availiable elsewhere?
By Scottaride on Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 07:48 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

Come to think of it, do I need to buy both airbox kits with Renegade or is there a single kit availiable?  

By Exdukenut on Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 09:32 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

There is one only airkit replacement from Renegade, it gives a BIG jump in midrange performance. Pounds Stg 125.00.  

By Boosta on Monday, July 01, 2002 - 12:26 pm:  View Boosta's Profile Search for other posts by Boosta Edit this post

yeah its wheelie good  

By Mr_Venjer on Wednesday, July 03, 2002 - 03:53 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Had mine installed with my cans so cannot comment on it individually. You get an expected increase of at least 5hp though. Evoluzione (correct spellng ?) do a similar thing.

Peace  

By Richandall on Wednesday, July 03, 2002 - 07:50 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

RSC claim their carbon racing cans add 10bhp at the Falco top end.

Does the airkit add 5bhp on top of that as well as eliminate the 5K trough?

I do believe in miracles.

But I think we should be told

- Rich

Btw that web site has a curious browser effect: it won't allow any other browser window to appear while its displayed. Anyone know how this always on top effect works? 

By Befbever on Wednesday, July 03, 2002 - 11:00 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

They don't really say it adds 10 hp on top end, just 10.8 power increase. This might mean 2 hp up on stock at 6k rpm, 2 at 7k rpm, etc.
It all adds up in the end.
My airkit added 10hp at 5k rpm and 6 to 8 hp on average from 3k onwards. Add that up and you get at least 56hp power increase! Bloody hell, talk about a magic button!

"Come on baby I'm tired of talking
Grab your coat and let's start walking"

Okay, okay, allright already! Jeez! 

By Richandall on Thursday, July 04, 2002 - 04:45 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Well, this is what RSC say it produces for your money (lots of) and I know Powermaster's airkit is the dogz bollox cos I uses it, so there you go.

RSC chart

- Rich

By Scottaride on Thursday, July 04, 2002 - 02:25 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

Where do we find info on the Powermaster airkit?  

By Exdukenut on Thursday, July 04, 2002 - 03:36 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

www.renegade-exhausts.com, and follow the product links, the the Aprilia stuff.  

By Benw on Friday, July 05, 2002 - 11:42 pm:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

Here's what the airkit does to a Falco with RSC cans and chip:
Airkit & RSC article

This is my bike (except for the standard machine) which shows roughly the increase of the RSCs over stock. It also shows the increase the airkit adds to the torque, which is really felt on the road.

B 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation