Pre-ignition or what?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Pre-ignition or what?
By Gtbg on Saturday, June 29, 2002 - 01:25 am:  View Gtbg's Profile Search for other posts by Gtbg Edit this post

Please help!
I own a 2001 model RSV which has covered 3900 miles, it is fitted with the SP style twin exhausts, high flow airfilter, power commander and standard chip. It was set up and dyno'd and is producing 120bhp at the rear wheel.
My concern is that at low revs around 2500rpm in second gear, as you slowly increase the throttle as if riding in traffic I appear to get what sounds like pinking, if the bike is ridden hard its fine. I have tried running the bike on both 95 Ron and 97 Ron fuel but it makes no difference. Has anyone else experienced this problem or do you think it could be something more serious.  

By Befbever on Saturday, June 29, 2002 - 10:31 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Have your CO levels checked, the bike seems to be popping.
And take an aspirine and call me in the morning.  

By Gtbg on Saturday, June 29, 2002 - 12:50 pm:  View Gtbg's Profile Search for other posts by Gtbg Edit this post

Thank you for the advice "Befbever" I will get it rechecked but it was only about three weeks ago that the bike was set up on the dyno and I was told that the fuel/air ratio was fine as it was adjusted useing the Power Commander via a computor.
I will let you know the outcome in due course!
By the way I find Nurofen work much faster!  

By Befbever on Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 02:16 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Please do let us know. And make sure your bike is set up by competent people.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation