Good year for a Mille...

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Good year for a Mille...
By Androalfa on Monday, June 24, 2002 - 12:35 am:  View Androalfa's Profile Search for other posts by Androalfa Edit this post

OK, I know 2001 and 2002 are great years for a Mille/Mille R, but, I also like the look of the older models. Over the last 20 years, I have ridden almost every kind of bike made. I am now considering buying a used Mille or Mille R and am curious what you Mille owners consider good choices taking into account that I will certainly modify whichever bike quite considerably. Any advice is appreciated.  

By Diablo_Mille_R on Monday, June 24, 2002 - 01:06 am:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

If you are wanting to upgrade the bike then buy an RSVR straight away, the price difference between an RSV and an RSVR is small compared to the carbon bits, wheels, shock and forks upgrade. Also the resale valuse holds on better for R models as less are about, but obviously if you modify it too much you will hurt this anyway.

2001 models have the much touted 200 changes, most of which are small but you get a bit more power and red instead of green dash lighting for 2001. A 2001 should also be slightly quicker round a track due to geom and engine position changes, but I guess this is 10ths rather than anything significant. 2002 bikes have slightly different power and emissions stuff, so my choice would be a 2001 RSVR. They have been around long enough that people know them, you can get endless bits for them, and you get the OZ and Ohlins kit straight off.

Obviously I am slightly biased here in that I went through the 'what shall I buy' thing last year, and the 2001RSVR just worked out as the best all round package for the money.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation