Changing my 4 for a 2 !! possibly

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Changing my 4 for a 2 !! possibly
By Fastdaz on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 12:24 pm:  View Fastdaz's Profile Search for other posts by Fastdaz Edit this post

Just been having a look around this site,NICE, i'm thinking of going for a RSV.
The trouble is i've read a few posts about worthless warranty issues and dodgy brake disks, is there anything else that that i should know before my thousands are spent? So is it worth a uk bike or save money on a import? should i order spare disks\? is used the way to go? 

By Nick on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 02:21 pm:  View Nick's Profile Search for other posts by Nick Edit this post

The latest Milles are much improved from the earlier stuff and are just as reliable and built as well as most other manufacturers bikes.

The warranty now given out is a 2 yr Aprilia one whereas in the past it was a 3 year one made up of 1 yr Aprilia and 2 yr Motogo(another company)

Previous posts tend to suggest that the Aprilia side of the warranty was OK, the main problem being a long wait for the parts to arrive.

Also I think the dealer submitting the warranty claim has a lot to do with things and how well they 'fight your corner' with Aprilia

I've just bought an official UK bike for £7250otr and didn't think a parallel gave much of a saving on this particular model.  

By Fastdaz on Monday, June 24, 2002 - 02:00 pm:  View Fastdaz's Profile Search for other posts by Fastdaz Edit this post

Well, done the deed, been out at weekend and bought o2 mille to collect soon.

Trouble is,now i've spent too much but need race can as standard item is twatful, never mind getting excited as countdown starts. 

By Taffrsv on Monday, June 24, 2002 - 02:08 pm:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

I just happen to have a RSC ti Evo can and chip for sale, 6 mths old as new condition £325 ono, maintains warranty.

taff.davies@ntlworld.com

Exhaust

Taff 

By Richandall on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 07:51 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Is fastdaz the alter ego or doppelganger for original daz?

I think we should be told.

- Rich

By Befbever on Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 02:36 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

By Fastdaz on Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 12:18 pm:  View Fastdaz's Profile Search for other posts by Fastdaz Edit this post

Sorry taff dont really fancy a RSC,

Rich, i'm not even the egoganger so be told.

I picked my RSV up yesterday (sat) traded in my FZR 1000, which was a great bike, in dealers getting the usual run through thinking c'mon i'm itching to get out. pulls away from shop, on bike less than 10 seconds nearly shat my pants, first corner shiny tyres, you know.Took it real easy for 50 miles or so after that. Then things really started to change, grin factor was massive, great bike, great handling and i've only done 140 miles at less than 6 tho, cant wait till its run in.
I was looking forward to today but its been pissing down all day.

BTW. does anyone have a Akra can for sale or can someone suggest a supplier?

Q. if we write a strong letter to the government will they do something about the pissing weather.  

By Boosta on Monday, July 01, 2002 - 11:02 am:  View Boosta's Profile Search for other posts by Boosta Edit this post

Come on Daz how can You explain the 125 vmax on yer clock6k my arse
And don�t go blaming me

Yeah it�s a great bike and you made a wise choice
Better than the Honda sp.
All you need now is the air kit (none) and a 16 tooth front and a Can

Let the sun start shinning
-Boosta-

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation