Ackrapovic 2-2 FOR SALE!

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Ackrapovic 2-2 FOR SALE!
By Pa_Rsvr_V60 on Saturday, June 15, 2002 - 10:22 am:  View Pa_Rsvr_V60's Profile Search for other posts by Pa_Rsvr_V60 Edit this post

Ackrapovic 2 into 2s don't fit 99, 00 milles.

If anybody is thinking of buying them! - as i have just discovered after trying to fit mine, lovely quality full titanium and carbon cans and brackets.

the pipe work just won't clear the suspension linkage as you tighten them it hits the bottom part and still needs to go tighter.

And now i have the problem that performance parts won't take them back!.

So as i sob into my pint(s), i have to sell this cracking system as its to expensive to have as a paper weight!!!!

So for sale, please send me a mail at: plaverda@aol.com

they will be £400 off the asking price.

Cheers, sob sob. 

By Rca on Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 03:21 am:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

Paul,

I checked the Akrapovic web-site and you are right the 2-2 is for 01s and 02s only.

However, the performance parts price list which you can download from: http://www.performanceparts-ltd.com/akrapovic.pdf clearly shows that it is for RSVs from 99 onwards. You should remind Performance Parts that you only bought the system after checking their price list and that it is because they provided false information in their price list that you now find it necessary to return the system. If they still don't agree to take the system back then have a word with trading standards as you have a pretty strong case.

Russell

PS I have e-mailed you the performance parts price list to save you the bother of downloading. 

By Powermaster on Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 09:15 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Hi Paul, Russel is correct, what I am surprised is that I don't find any differences between any of the models. The problem here is that PP, got their comission and now does not like to give it back, or they can have an excuse if they clearly stated on the invoice, 2001/2 models only. As a consummer you are entitle to the return of the problem for "not fit to do the job", I woud send an email direct to Akro explaining PPs behavier. If however you really want it and you can come in, I will try and fit it for you, I will use my special dark glasses  

By Pa_Rsvr_V60 on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 11:01 am:  View Pa_Rsvr_V60's Profile Search for other posts by Pa_Rsvr_V60 Edit this post

Powermaster,

Thanks for the offer, but they wouldn't have fitted without major surgery!

I was warned by performance parts first, that they wouldn't fit - but i decided to give it a try after putting my bike side by side with the newer model and came to the conclusion they WOULD FIT, but no luck!

Visually there is no difference at all, but in reality i have learned that, BOTH the engine AND the swingarm pivot have been moved up - resulting in a new linkage!

But luckily, i sold them within 30minutes, on our aprilia websites!

So all i need now is a system to replace it with???  

By Befbever on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 11:14 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Perhaps PP have another brand that won't fit?

By Powermaster on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 03:44 pm:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

PA, I give up on this opportunity, as you publicly said that you don't like our system

PS, I will give a chance to reconsider,though

And after all we did not want to sell you some thing that would be inferior to stock

By Rca on Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 01:01 am:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

Paul,

Do you want to buy a pile of 8-track tapes to play in your cassette deck, they too won't fit but don't let that stop you.

Russell 

By Crmc33 on Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 01:05 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

they do fit, but dont play 

By Pa_Rsvr_V60 on Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 04:41 am:  View Pa_Rsvr_V60's Profile Search for other posts by Pa_Rsvr_V60 Edit this post

Touchie people on here hey!!!!

Powermaster, I might be tempted by your system, i just need to see one for real first!!!! - And hey, i already own one of your products: Airkit for one!!!!

As for eight tracks, nah - you can do more damage with vinyl! (anyway what is an eight track?? as i was born after 1975!) 

By Rca on Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 05:04 am:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

PA,

Not touchie, just bored at work.

How about some vinyl records for your CD player then.

Russell  

By Crmc33 on Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 05:33 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

they do fit (in bits) but dont play 

By Powermaster on Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 12:37 pm:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

@ CRM

PA, I know you do have the Airkit, but the
is only a quarter open. 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation