Falco to Mille

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Falco to Mille
By 94c4 on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 02:25 pm:  View 94c4's Profile Search for other posts by 94c4 Edit this post

Hi everybody.
I normally post over at the Falco board.
I own a Falco and I am toying with the idea of "upgrading" to a Mille.
Has anybody done that?
The Falco is currently my everyday mean of transportation so I use for fun but also for going to work.
I know that the Mille has a sportier set-up than the Falco but is it really unsustainable in town? (I mean I do see an awful lot of guys going to work on R1s, Blades and Gixxers).

Any feedback would be welcomed as I have to make up my mind pretty soon.

Thanks
Antonio 

By Nick on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 02:30 pm:  View Nick's Profile Search for other posts by Nick Edit this post

I've just done it
The difference in 'comfort' is slight with the Falco being the better.
The Mille handles far better than the Falco though
Performance wise the Mille just edges it

The Mille is one of the most 'comfortable' full on sports bikes you can buy

Stop toying with the idea and DO IT!  

By Rca on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 12:41 am:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

Antonio,

I couldn't ride in town for a couple of hours on the mille and avoid town riding as much as possible, but it's no worse than R1's and GSXR's. However, the Blade and ZX-9 are more comfortable.

Russell  

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 03:25 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

You could fit Falco bars, higher (as you know) ....and help reduce wrist pressure.

If I ever downgraded to a RSV then this is what I would do. 

By Richandall on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 06:38 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Having started with the Falco found myself upgrading to get it right. So far about £1600 worth of parts has gone into this, tho getting cans & shock nearly new cut that to £1000. Involved changing tyres, shock, air filter, cans, EPROM, front sprocket.

Given equal ability my Falco would probably leave the standard Mille behind on the road. At a race track it would depend on the circuit.

So, IMHO changing over is a matter of aesthetics & affiliation. Err...looks and likes!

Btw I think the RSV-r looks AAMAAAZZZINGGG!!!Want One. NOW!!!

See?

- Rich

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation