Brake light stuck on!!!! Help!

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Brake light stuck on!!!! Help!
By Rsvkiddie on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 08:57 am:  View Rsvkiddie's Profile Search for other posts by Rsvkiddie Edit this post

i think out of sheer frustration, over 'testing'/use of my ineffective rear brake I have managed to get the brake light to stay on.......apart from the fact that no one can see when I am applying the brakes, blinding other road users and burning a hole in the rear cowel...this is not good.....add to the fact I am mechanically inept and I am supposed to be at the BSB at Brands on Fri/Saturday/Sunday...please can anyone help or make a suggestion.....is there a switch i should looking for where i can disconnect the rear brake lever from the light.....is it easy to get to, will any dealer be able to get me on my way??? (without being aprilia dealer).......would love to fix it on my own to be honest??????......please help if you can..... 

By Brianr on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 04:40 am:  View Brianr's Profile Search for other posts by Brianr Edit this post

In my youth my Dad had a similar problem on an old Austin Princess, Oil pressure light was on all the time. Told him he had no oil pressure and it was a big job to sort out. He give me the car for two weeks to fix it. I give it back with no oil light problems�.. you�ve guessed it I took the bulb out. (got me a car for two weeks though)�

BrianR  

By Hansie on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 05:20 am:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

Check both switches (front and rear) probably the cause.Try disconnect them one by one and you will see.

Otherwise its gonna be to complicated to solve by words , find some handy frends!

Hansie 

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 05:27 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

continuing on from what BrinaR said, how about disconnecting the brake lights and putting a disclaimer notice on your back to say that youve got no brake lights.

Do I win the top prize?

...prize idiot?

--long day at work again-- 

By Scotty on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 05:51 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

Hmmmm I doubt that it will be the front brake switch as you haven't been testing that one... so go with the rear one first!!  

By Rsvkiddie on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 09:30 am:  View Rsvkiddie's Profile Search for other posts by Rsvkiddie Edit this post

errrr thanks.....?????? it seems to be a sticking front switch after all that........no pattern to when it stays on or not.........strange.......  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation