We've moved!

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: We've moved!
By Webhamster on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 09:36 pm:  View Webhamster's Profile Search for other posts by Webhamster Edit this post

Barely noticed, did ya?

Anyway, there'll be a little disruption wilst the domain name sorts itself out. That being the case you can use http://aprilia-archive.ridersite.com/ as an emergency one.

Once that's settled down, I'll unleash the new sofware on y'all!  

By Cplus on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 10:54 pm:  View Cplus's Profile Search for other posts by Cplus Edit this post

Hey, Hammy -- Well done, I wouldn't have noticed except that today's Falco messages are missing in action.  

By Webhamster on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 09:09 am:  View Webhamster's Profile Search for other posts by Webhamster Edit this post

Yeah sorry about that, it took a full day to physically transfer the web site - which means a few posts went astray.

The domain transfer is now in progress, so it would probably be a good idea for everyone to bookmark that temporary address (above) ... 

By Geo on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 01:38 pm:  View Geo's Profile Search for other posts by Geo Edit this post

The new web site no longer remembers the username or password, I have to reenter it everytime.
Can I change that?  

By Webhamster on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 04:53 pm:  View Webhamster's Profile Search for other posts by Webhamster Edit this post

Should be able to set that in you profile, it's certainly remembering mine ...  

By Geo on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 05:03 pm:  View Geo's Profile Search for other posts by Geo Edit this post

Just checked in profile and the "remember" function was still on, yet it forgets all the time.
I haven't changed anything on my end lately and only seems to happen on this new site/software.
Oh well I'm glad I chose a short name and password!
This site works much, much faster BTW, congrats.
I used to get time out all the time at the old one.  

By Bossbob on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 06:48 pm:  View Bossbob's Profile Search for other posts by Bossbob Edit this post

Seems fine here too !
I have only ever logged in to post? do you have to log in to view?
I would think it might be your old cookie still stored in your cache'... if you are useing IE then go to tools - internet options and click delete cookies, that`ll clear them all out.
You'll have to log on to all your sites on the next visit, but it could solve it.
HTH
Rab  

By Webhamster on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 07:28 pm:  View Webhamster's Profile Search for other posts by Webhamster Edit this post

*nods in agreement*

Glad to hear it's faster too!  

By Bossbob on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 09:42 pm:  View Bossbob's Profile Search for other posts by Bossbob Edit this post

Well ... sort of!
I`m on broadband now so I`m not really affected, but it can take a fair time to load the longer threads.I notice you don`t archive the threads every 20 messages or so (like FJR) and I think this would help the pace more than anything else.Especially when there are pictures.
Can it be automated, or does jake do them manual?
Well worth looking at if it's easy enough.

Now.... are ye no finished yet? ya slacker ye...  

By Webhamster on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 09:47 pm:  View Webhamster's Profile Search for other posts by Webhamster Edit this post

It's a manual job with this software I'm afraid. One of the reasons why we'll be moving to 'new improved' software in the next couple of daze.

By Befbever on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 03:43 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

All hail to Hammy!

For deleting my previous posts... 

By Webhamster on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 06:29 pm:  View Webhamster's Profile Search for other posts by Webhamster Edit this post

Not deleted m8 - just lost in the ether ...

By Cplus on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 06:30 pm:  View Cplus's Profile Search for other posts by Cplus Edit this post

Top job, can't wait for the new software!  

By Webhamster on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 07:19 pm:  View Webhamster's Profile Search for other posts by Webhamster Edit this post

It has it's cons, but overall it's much improved.

Speak to me nicely and I might let you have a sneak preview  

By Cplus on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 12:58 am:  View Cplus's Profile Search for other posts by Cplus Edit this post

Please, Hammy, please give it to us. You know you want to and you know we want it.

Uh, wait, that didn't come out right! Still, can't wait to see the new & improved. Seriously, though, thanks for all the work you put into this site. 

By Dave on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 01:06 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Dah! Quote "Barely noticed"

Nellie Dean 8 Thurs so some of us can beat you up

btw its gone midi so its my friggin burfday again DoubleDoh!  

By Webhamster on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 01:11 am:  View Webhamster's Profile Search for other posts by Webhamster Edit this post

heheh

Okies, you can have a peak. I won't be wiping the database again so you can register yourself accounts as well if you like.

sneak preview 

By Befbever on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 11:29 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Sorted! No avatar as yet tho. It is below the max size. Might look familiar to some.
The forum looks suspiciously like the Suzuki Twin one.  

By Scotty on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 11:51 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

I've sorted my account!
V nice at last the nice new forum layout is almost apon us!  

By Webhamster on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 01:24 pm:  View Webhamster's Profile Search for other posts by Webhamster Edit this post

Yup it's the same software as the Suzuki one (and the Triumph one, and the main RS one etc etc). It is, in fact, now our standard software - which is nice.

Few teething problems to sort out (like Bef's Avatar) then I'll launch it at you all and continue with migrating the interesting content into it.

By Cplus on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 01:53 pm:  View Cplus's Profile Search for other posts by Cplus Edit this post

Yahoo! Looks fantastics -- phpBB is a great package and I think this will work out well for everyone. One question, though: When's the cutover date from the old system to the new?  

By Webhamster on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 06:07 pm:  View Webhamster's Profile Search for other posts by Webhamster Edit this post

Haven't decided yet. I figured we'd make it a 'soft' move though.

I've only just finished mailing the 700 or so registered users with the temporary address.

Once that's had a little while to sink in (and hopefully get resolved!) I figured we switch to the new format - but leave the 2002 forum so people can still reply to posts etc.

Then we'd make the 2002 forum 'read only' so people have to post to the new software.

Then we'll continue with migrating the useful stuff into the new software so that we can bin the old software.

The whole move will obviously take a little time, but I'm happy to start the ball rolling whenever everyone else is?

By Powermaster on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 06:55 pm:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

There you are, not answering my email, ICQ, No MORE VINO
www.renegade-usa.com not working Have outside my door the Americano troops, Jim and his body guard Gecko threatening to sue, ahhhhhhhhh going YYYYYYYYYYYY

Who cares about the poxy Avator, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 

By Scotty on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 08:05 pm:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

Guys (refering to those of us who haven't already registered) the new software soo much quicker and nicer looking....

Lets use the new forum from now on please!!!!!

When you're on the new board post a message so we can see!!  

By Dave on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 08:15 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Created account and recieved notification but can't log in - yup, definately using correct password, whassup?  

By Dave on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 08:19 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Good idea Scotty, and fwiw I like the new format, including the additional, er channels? ie Brakes, Airbox etc  

By Webhamster on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 10:15 pm:  View Webhamster's Profile Search for other posts by Webhamster Edit this post

Dave, did you follow the registration link in your email to 'activate' your account?  

By Dave on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 12:23 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

cheers hammy, that helped

By Befbever on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 04:04 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Gee, Hammy, for a Trumpeteer, you sure started a lot of threads on an Aprilia forum.

J/K! What would we do without you?  

By Cplus on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 06:31 pm:  View Cplus's Profile Search for other posts by Cplus Edit this post

Hammy, no time like the present. If you let it drag out too long it will be harder to get everyone on the same page, so to speak. Yust my $.02.  

By Webhamster on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 06:42 pm:  View Webhamster's Profile Search for other posts by Webhamster Edit this post

okay, shall we set a date then?

I'll put foreward Monday 13th January, anyone care to second that?  

By Powermaster on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 07:16 pm:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

whats wrong with now, i seconded
what about rene usa  

By Befbever on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 08:56 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Yup, now's as good a time as any, right? 

By Webhamster on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 11:17 pm:  View Webhamster's Profile Search for other posts by Webhamster Edit this post

Oi, didn't you get my ICQ about the renegade domains? I posted in the sponsor section too!!

okay okay, I'll throw the switch and put ARS 2003 live 'but' I'll also let people finish their conversations on ARS 2002.

In a few daze, I'll then make ARS 2002 'read only'.

Then, you miserable bleeders can help me re-post the 'good' bits into the new software  

By Chuzo on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 01:04 am:  View Chuzo's Profile Search for other posts by Chuzo Edit this post

Went to the new site. Why no divisions between messages? Are you planning to include a search into the messages content? That would be a very nice feature.  

By Webhamster on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 08:53 am:  View Webhamster's Profile Search for other posts by Webhamster Edit this post

Hmmm

Not sure what you mean about the divisions?

Search, it has a search m8. Go to the forum, check out the options near the top of the page.

By Befbever on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 08:56 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Hammy, this here miserable bleeder will help you re-post all you want. All I need to know is how.

By Webhamster on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 10:09 am:  View Webhamster's Profile Search for other posts by Webhamster Edit this post

By Mental_Trev on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 11:26 am:  View Mental_Trev's Profile Search for other posts by Mental_Trev Edit this post

ARS2003 Account now created, but feel like I've been MicroSoft-ed somewhat, Hammy.

By Webhamster on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 11:47 am:  View Webhamster's Profile Search for other posts by Webhamster Edit this post

Ooooh I hope not m8!

RS2k+3 is running on MySQL and php on a Linux websever.

We tip ice-cubes down the neck of Microshaft!

By Befbever on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 01:14 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Quote:

feel like I've been MicroSoft-ed somewhat

I know what that feels like...

Quote:

We tip ice-cubes down the neck of Microshaft!

Woohoo!  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation