Xmas pissup in London?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: Xmas pissup in London?
By Dave on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 05:38 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Any of you guys local to London fancy meeting up for a chrissy pissup in town somewhere?

I had this spark of inspiration while at Renegade yesterday, who don't have a do planned! After some gentle persuasion from me and Tomo, Jorge agreed that thier free on Sat 14th Dec, and may even be up for soho rather than his local

So anyone up for this? Personally I think the chance to catch the PowerMaster pissed is unmissable, and apparently doesn't take much

By Nitroargi on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 05:44 am:  View Nitroargi's Profile Search for other posts by Nitroargi Edit this post

Great idea Dave!!!

Allthough I am very close to London (Uxbridge) I won't be able to make it cause I have exams starting on the 16th!!!
But I think that you guys will have a great time...
Hope we can arrange something like that again sometime

Regards Nitro 

By Powermaster on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 11:54 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Quote:

Personally I think the chance to catch the PowerMaster pissed is unmissable, and apparently doesn't take much

Pardon? ic,

I meant to put it on the Rene site, but just did not have the time.

It's true the only date I have available is Sat the 14th, I think the idea is super, just get the venue, if you guys can afford a dinner I could try and book a table at one of my favourites, I can promise that none of you will regret. Maybe £20 ahead.
Hammy can vouch for this

Nitro, no excuses you can stay in my place and go back Sunday, the offer is open to anyone else who would need a bed for the night. 

By Nitroargi on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 11:58 am:  View Nitroargi's Profile Search for other posts by Nitroargi Edit this post

Thanks Powermaster!!!

I will wait and see what the participation will be... 

By Befbever on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 12:53 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Quote:

Nitro, no excuses you can stay in my place and go back Sunday

So all of a sudden Athens is close to London?

Gotcha, Powermaster!  

By Scotty on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 03:06 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

Hmmm I would be up for it but I already have a Christmas party to attend on 14th... typical! 

By Tinkytot on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 07:43 am:  View Tinkytot's Profile Search for other posts by Tinkytot Edit this post

So do I dave, a party already, on the 14th that is. I'm keen though.  

By Mr_Venjer on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 07:58 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Lo and behold I already have a party on the 14th too.

Kevin  

By Powermaster on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 11:46 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

If you all have a party on the 14th, that is great all we have to know is where?

By Jotaman on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 12:55 am:  View Jotaman's Profile Search for other posts by Jotaman Edit this post

Count me in Jorge.... 

By Dave on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 03:51 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Doh!, we'll just have to do another night after - a 'thank fek it's over' night , in the mean time if you get bored...

Jorge, I'm up for a meal too. Oh, I forgot to ask, do we get to wear silly hats???  

By Dave on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 05:53 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Ok, just had a word with Jorge, can any of you lot make the Friday? I know its the 13th but don't let that put you off, afterall, Jorge was BORN on a Friday 13th

Nitro - that gives you ALL Weekend to recover  

By Hammertime on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 08:26 am:  View Hammertime's Profile Search for other posts by Hammertime Edit this post

Gate crash alert!

I don't know who any of you are... but I own an RSV and wouldn't mind getting pissed and talking Bikes/Bollocks in London with you guys for Christmas.

Any idea of a venue?  

By Nitroargi on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 10:31 am:  View Nitroargi's Profile Search for other posts by Nitroargi Edit this post

I think I will be able to make after all...  

By Nitroargi on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 10:31 am:  View Nitroargi's Profile Search for other posts by Nitroargi Edit this post

I think I will be able to make it after all...  

I think I will be able to make it after all...  

By Nitroargi on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 10:33 am:  View Nitroargi's Profile Search for other posts by Nitroargi Edit this post

Yeap,all three of us...  

By Powermaster on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 10:35 pm:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Venjer is the king of London Venues
It looks like some guys from with SVs are also meeting on the 13th near Soho Square, not really sure if according to Hammertime the SV can be classified as "Bike/bollocks"

As for dinner, there is this Portuguese place in Camberwell by the Oval that has some good "firewater" as Hammy found out 

By Exdukenut on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 10:52 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Hey Jorge, if everyone pitches in for an airfare to London, I'll be there!

Any excuse for a pissup and feed! Even it is on the otherside of the world! Damn Aussies, always in for a freebie!

By Tinkytot on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 03:16 am:  View Tinkytot's Profile Search for other posts by Tinkytot Edit this post

Jorge, whats the name of that Restaurant in Oval?

I'm off to the Pro Skate4 (some video game) launch party tonight and need to stop off somewhere for food on the way upto Kings Cross and you being Spani...... I mean Portuguese I can only imagine it's of high quality. Whats firewater? vodka?? or is it some kind of potato moonshine shit?

Also, I can't do the 13th dec either unless some of you want to see a gig. Band are called Menlo Park, the venue: the union chapel in highbury.

We can be like the hells angels. I'll see if we can sort riding into the stage, smashing the place up and picking up loose women..  

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 06:18 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

...isnt firewater the stuff that comes out yer arse, the day after a hot curry? 

By Dave on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 06:31 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Jorge, is that the place off Kennington Lane, on a corner, tables round the outside and a lowered bar in the centre? Very nice food!  

By Hammertime on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 11:29 am:  View Hammertime's Profile Search for other posts by Hammertime Edit this post

Dave, Nitroargi (and his two brothers!?), Powermaster, Befbever, Scotty, Tinkytot, Mr_Venjer, Jotaman and me... well that's 9 of us...

Crmc33, you up for a trip to 'sunny' UK, London?

Exdukenut... It would be tops to have you there mate, but us chipping in for an airfair from Oz? Forget it!  

By Crmc33 on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 12:25 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

sorry carnt make it. 

By Dave on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 01:42 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

so thats just a mayofair then

Oi Beverly, you comming?  

By Powermaster on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 06:03 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Ok, I am a bit confused, is this piss up on, How many and what are we doing, A dinner with lots of Vinho, or a drink?  

By Befbever on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 11:55 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Sorry, all.
Swamped at work at the mo. That means 60-hour weeks and no time off until next year.
Have one on me all the same!

I said ONE!

By Dave on Saturday, December 07, 2002 - 06:33 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Jorge, why don't we do what you origionally said ie meet up in that bar in soho where the bikes meet - corner of compton and greek street was it? Say between 8 and 9, and if anyone wants to turn up unannounced they know where we are(and gets the next round)

Bef, next time! And don't worry, we'll be doing a toast in your honor tho what exactly the wording of said toast wuld be I can't imagine  

By Hammertime on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 02:16 am:  View Hammertime's Profile Search for other posts by Hammertime Edit this post

Sounds like a plan.

Jorge?  

By Scotty on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 03:14 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

This is just typical....

Party I was supposed to be attending on the 14th is now cancelled.... but my office decided to throw a party on the 13th (free booze etc. from 1pm) so I will definately not be in a fit state by the time the evening arrives 

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 03:52 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

In fact, it sounds like you could well be in an ideal state for the evening Scotty 

By Powermaster on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 04:07 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

CRM go away you are not invited
I still, can not figure out how many are going?
The best place to park would be Soho Square, I would say, from 8 to 8.30, if anyone is going to be later than that, I would suggest a mobile number to get in touch with the rest of us.
I only have a foreign mobile so that is not very good as the call would have to be international.
Anyone?

List going, so far.
Me
Webmaster (Hammy)
Hammertime?
Jotaman
Dave
Scotty?
Nitro?
Tinky? 

By Scotty on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 04:27 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

I'll try my best but I may not make it.. esp when the office party (i.e. free booze) starts at 1pm.

Dave I will try (honestly) to call you Friday afternoon to say for sure if I'm gonna be there.

If I don't make it please accept my appologies as I'll be too p*ssed to navigate or use a mobile

BTW I'm still suffering from Falco withdrawal as its still sitting in the dealer waiting for datatool to send a new immobiliser. 8days and counting....
Only positive thing is that no bike = more afterwork beers! 

By Dave on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 06:41 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Scotty, Steve's been hassling the boss (Ray?) about that among other things (believe me!), don't know if you've been on the phone to them since but I suggest you do so, and don't ask for Steve, he's sic of trying to hassle them to do stuff, you might also want to call Datatool yourself to check progress. I do know for sure its been sent, and I've also had reason to contact datatool in the past and found them willing and helpfull.

Steve's a good guy which is why I've recommended Harry Nash in the past, but his boss is not the cleverest as far as looking after staff and customers is concerned. For that reason, Steve's leaving 1st Jan, and I'll be going to Renegade for future work.  

By Dave on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 06:43 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

re Friday, anyone who want's my mobile drop me an email.  

By Nitroargi on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 06:52 am:  View Nitroargi's Profile Search for other posts by Nitroargi Edit this post

Count me in Powermaster...it will be great to have a break from my reading. I've send an e-mail with my mobile number.
Where exactly in soho square???can someone suggest o road or something that I can find???  

By Nitroargi on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 06:55 am:  View Nitroargi's Profile Search for other posts by Nitroargi Edit this post

Count me in Powermaster...it will be great to have a break from my reading. I've send an e-mail with my mobile number.
Where exactly in soho square???can someone suggest o road or something that I can find???  

By Tinkytot on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 07:02 am:  View Tinkytot's Profile Search for other posts by Tinkytot Edit this post

I won't be there, I have plans both Friday and Sat. Normally I would cancel but one is a gig and another my work Chrimbo doo. I have no get out clause for either event.

Also, I must say that I got my Meta alarm fitted by a fella that came to my house after work and had fitted 2500 such alarms, took him an hour and cost me a cup of tea and a can of Red Bull. This service was included in the price of the alarm which was £265 for a Meta 357T. Soz Scotty as I'm sure it's too late but in case:
http://www.bikesecure.co.uk/pages/about_us.html

It's a simple process; phone the number, order the alarm, then you tell them when and where in the next 5 days you want it installed. I got mine done the next evening. A treat to deal with. 

By Scotty on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 07:22 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

Dave, just phoned and spoke to Tony (the other guy in the office) whos dealing with me.
He says that he phoned datatool late yesterday and they promised to sort out sending the replacement in the next couple of days i.e. should be tomorrow.
Anyway he suggested I call back tomorrow afternoon to see and if nothing had arrived he would pass me datatools details and I'll call them directly to chase them up as well.  

By Tinkytot on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 07:44 am:  View Tinkytot's Profile Search for other posts by Tinkytot Edit this post

Ahh, you were'nt looking for a new one then.....silly me.  

By Dave on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 06:09 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

We're meeting in a bar on the corner of Dean street and Carlisle Street, which is the one that goes West from Soho Quare, possibly called the Nelly Dean. 8 - 8:30. All welcome.

By Powermaster on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 09:25 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Not, The Nellie Dean, 89 Dean Street, Soho, London, W1V 5AA. who's tel no. is 020 7734 2572. By any chance................ 

By Nitroargi on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 09:25 am:  View Nitroargi's Profile Search for other posts by Nitroargi Edit this post

I am sorry guys...I won't be able to make it!!! It was my birthday yesterday and my girlfriend came all the way from Loughborough to make me a surprise!!! I wish I could come but she will kill me...
Hope we can do it again sometime after xmas, I will buy a round for not being there this time!!!
Have fun...

Regards Nitro  

By Dave on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 10:03 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Oi, you trying to make me look fick? You could have told me all that on the phone too...

Nitro, so bring her along too, don't think anyone said anything about boys only - in fact given the area we're meeting in it may be a good idea to have some ladies in the company  

By Powermaster on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 04:37 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

DAVE WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU?

Appart from Dave and I no one else could be found from this board, luckilly the SV Guys and Birds saved the night with their burn outs and engine cut outs.

Has anyone seen Dave, while going for dinner at 1 in the morning we lost Dave amongst the crowd
I hope you made it home OK.  

By Nitroargi on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 12:00 pm:  View Nitroargi's Profile Search for other posts by Nitroargi Edit this post

So how was it???

Any casualties besides Dave... ??? 

By Powermaster on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 01:01 pm:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

BY DAVE :

Quote:

Personally I think the chance to catch the PowerMaster pissed is unmissable, and apparently doesn't take much

Someone forgot to warn him  

By Dave on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 07:35 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

no + loadsa ==

any idea how I ended up in Camden?  

By Powermaster on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 11:59 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Dave glad to hear you are OK, Camden,
Don't tell me you ended up with Laura

We had a great dinner till 5am
Ended up dancing with the Swedish Blond better hide as she reads this board  

By Befbever on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 01:51 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Jorge, too easy.
Dave, glad you got to somewhere OK.

Although I'm guilty myself, it is a pity that no-one else could hold up the Prilla honour.  

By Exdukenut on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 08:41 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

I woulda, but no-one would spring for the ticket Bef. I'm always up for a beer or three.

Glad everyone's OK!

Jorge, what did Tomoko think of the blonde? 

By Scotty on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 02:30 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

Sorry after over 8 hours on the free booze at the office party I couldn't have handled anymore.

Party started at 1pm I got home at 10:30pm

Sorry guys... 

By Jipang on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 02:52 am:  View Jipang's Profile Search for other posts by Jipang Edit this post

Quote:

what did Tomoko think of the blonde?

For once I can agree with Jorge, she is BEAUTIFULL, and I'm glad to say that she has brain

But she's already spoken for... 

By Renegirl on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 10:09 am:  View Renegirl's Profile Search for other posts by Renegirl Edit this post

Quote:

Ended up dancing with the Swedish Blond better hide as she reads this board

Yep Jorge, and you better be nice about SV's now or I'll grass on you to the "other side"

Quote:

We had a great dinner till 5am

We certainly did! Thank you very much for a brilliant evening, and yes, we all had difficulty keeping up with Jorge on the dance floor!!
I think only Tomo could- please come along next time, we missed you! 

By Befbever on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 11:56 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Tomo wasn't there? I missed nothing then.

better from that jealous Latin guy.

By Powermaster on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 12:19 pm:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

BEFFFFFFFF  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation