Why the British Empire crumbled...

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: Why the British Empire crumbled...
By Geo on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 01:10 pm:  View Geo's Profile Search for other posts by Geo Edit this post

need I say more?

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/content/images/Home/Top_story/images/02576077.jpg 

By Crmc33 on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 02:00 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

looks like a zx9r from 5 YEARS AGO!

IMHO Triumph will always struggle to design a cutting edge motorcycle design. Ive heard that they prefer their staff not to be bikers. How will they ever know what a motorcyclist wants to see in a bike then?

I know that the above is true, they didnt give me a job! Twice! Bah humbug. 

By Geo on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 02:28 pm:  View Geo's Profile Search for other posts by Geo Edit this post

Never mind that it looks like a japanese cartoon character with a sushi-eating grin on it's face.
Forget the confused half VFR /half ZXR side fairing.
Ignore that fat stubby tail, open the pix BIG on your screen (the yellow makes it hard to see)and look at side of the gas tank: ever seen protrusions like THAT??
Guaranteed that evry time it tips over you need a new tank.
They should stop chasing after the Japs and design a small triple like a 750.  

By Racerxlilbro on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 03:52 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Where is your National Pride?!?!

Just remember, it could be a lot worse...

It could be a Buell...

By Tinkytot on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 06:39 am:  View Tinkytot's Profile Search for other posts by Tinkytot Edit this post

Yeah geo, that should be there new, what's it called - 'mission statement'.

'Dont chase after the japs'

You would'nt buy that over a cbr600 surely, you'd have to be mental. And they will always be behind unless they get into racing.

I think they should concentrate on producing a really nice big trallie. And make it high quality and expensive if it has to be, never did the 1150GS any harm.  

By Djrae on Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 10:30 am:  View Djrae's Profile Search for other posts by Djrae Edit this post

I wouldnt trade my 02 TT in for it. If I want an R6 lookalike I'll buy the R6  

By Islefalco on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 03:50 pm:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

I think it is OK and an improvement on the original TT600.

I want to see what they do with the Sprint ST which is a decent bike but looks way out of date. I like the 955i Daytona as well, although I know that puts me in a minority. I would love to buy a British bike, but they really have to pay more attention to the style thing and not wait so long to upgrade.  

By Falcorob on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 06:05 am:  View Falcorob's Profile Search for other posts by Falcorob Edit this post

Saw it and sat on it at the NEC. It looks MUCH better in the metal though I wouldn't trade my Falco for it. IMO the yellow is a great colour, although BRG suits the 955i better.
Don't really care what it's like to ride 'cos I ain't in the market for a replacement yet, but it probably handles really well, has good brakes, and should go well with the new engine and fuelling setup. Only big issue for me is the air intake under the light. Why does it have to stick out like a sweety scoop from woolies?

Rob  

By Djrae on Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 07:13 am:  View Djrae's Profile Search for other posts by Djrae Edit this post

Quote:

I think it is OK and an improvement on the original TT600.

Never! And the ST looks pretty damned fine as is, same with the old style daytona. curves look much better on a bike than all these angles.

yes the new 600daytona will ride well. The TT has a superb chassis/brakes etc. the engine on the 02 version (mine) is glitch free. The big problem for Triumph is that they are way behind in terms of current 600 spec.
As for big tailies they have one the Tiger which in my opinion looks superb in the new orange colour. 

By Andyjfalco on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 08:49 am:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

Well I like it. Does look like a ZX6/999 hybrid of sorts though.
As far as the 600 class goes, I think it's a winner.
Andy.

By Andyjfalco on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 09:10 am:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

Well I like it. Does look like a ZX6/999 hybrid of sorts though.
As far as the 600 class goes, I think it's a winner.
Andy.

By Exdukenut on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 08:24 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Besides the design of your bikes, you could always learn how to play cricket!

By Crmc33 on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 12:33 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

whats cricket? our national sport is Rugby Union

**DERAIL ALERT** 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation