Junk email

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: Junk email
By Bonerp on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 12:47 am:  View Bonerp's Profile Search for other posts by Bonerp Edit this post

Just lately I have been receiving all sorts of crap via email.

They are trying to sell me insurance, DVD burners and all sorts, however none of them have the "remove email option"!

I am wondering where they are picking my email address up from. Will they be trawling through these boards?

What can I do about it (apart from change email address again!)  

By Daz on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 08:31 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Don't use the remove options dude - it just confirms the address is live and then you even more of the crap through....  

By Fullstate on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 08:29 am:  View Fullstate's Profile Search for other posts by Fullstate Edit this post

About the only other thing you can do is file a complaint with or against the ISP where the SPAM is originating from.  

By Richandall on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 06:08 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Or use a freebie spam filter if you're not too technophobic!

- Rich 

By Bossbob on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 05:02 pm:  View Bossbob's Profile Search for other posts by Bossbob Edit this post

Hi... All I do is block sender.
Doesn`t stop them first time....... but I only ever get one from any source.

Its cut mine from 3-4 a day at the high point to appx 1 a week now

Its under "messages" on outlook

HTH

Rab  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation