Ebay scam

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: Ebay scam
By Geo on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 05:06 am:  View Geo's Profile Search for other posts by Geo Edit this post

Surprised to see that no one mentioned it here, I only found out last night from a friend that was going to get scammed by it.

There's a guy in Cincinatti that pretends to have the RSVR.net show bike for sale(he's using all the details and even the pix from their website)and is trying to sell it on e-bay -cash only!
A custom painted silver 02 R with spiegler btakes, falco cans etc.
The first auction was closed but someone e-mailed me that he's trying it again.
I don't subscribe to the Aprilia Forum but if someone does pass it on there, they already knew about the previous attempt.  

By Bonerp on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 12:44 am:  View Bonerp's Profile Search for other posts by Bonerp Edit this post

This was on Watchdog (a UK programme) the other day where people are selling things, taking the cash by setting up dummy cash exchange services then dissappearing!
Be warned!  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation