It is it me or MCN

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: It is it me or MCN
By Geo on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 08:54 am:  View Geo's Profile Search for other posts by Geo Edit this post

Man that web site has become a waste, all they want to do is push sales! I'd subscribe to that rag but it's way too expensive in the US (like $300 I think!)

Has anyone tested the tire guards they advertise?
I bought them of a different brand here and tested a whole batch (they're made for different psi), they were worthless and worse misleading.
I'd be very interested if those are accurate.  

By Benw on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 12:20 pm:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

A chap I know has tested one of these and reckons it's the nuts mutts, or something like that. He even managed to find out that he's losing 2 psi per week in each tyre! That's pretty accurate...

B  

By Geo on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 12:58 pm:  View Geo's Profile Search for other posts by Geo Edit this post

NUTS MUTTS ????

The ones that I tested were consistant but many PSI off. I often have slow leaks (as we speak) no, I mean the tires!
Do those thingies adjust? how do they work?
The ones that I bought were sold in 2 psi increments.  

By Benw on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 01:03 pm:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

Mutt's nuts - dog's danglies - dogs bollocks - really very nice. That's the long and short of it!

I'll ask him all about it tomorrow if you really want to know about it.

The paper isn't expensive, it'll be the posting to get to the U S of A!

B 

By Geo on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 01:11 pm:  View Geo's Profile Search for other posts by Geo Edit this post

Thanks find out for me will ya, just don't go molesting that poor dog.

The truth is that i had tried posting on MCN but for some problem, I could not subscribe.
Yeah $200 just for mail? Who are they kidding?
Not a bad rag I got it when I visted England this spring, but not for this type of $$$.
Besides all their incentives are worthless if you don't live there.  

By Dave on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 05:01 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Quote:

dog's danglies

for that translation Ben

By Dave on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 05:06 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

re mcn - yes, what's up with the site, have they given up??? Tried doing searches there twice over last two weeks - nothing came back...  

By Benw on Friday, October 25, 2002 - 10:13 pm:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

They've just changed their servers and things have gone a little awry...  

By Rca on Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 12:57 pm:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

>> A chap I know has tested one of these and reckons it's the nuts mutts, or something like that. He even managed to find out that he's losing 2 psi per week in each tyre! That's pretty accurate... <<

Ben

Was he losing that before he fitted these things? or are they a load of crap cos they leak air out your tyres.

Russell  

By Benw on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 02:02 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

He was losing it before the addition of the sensors!

B 

By Rca on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 03:12 am:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

Its work remembering that to measure the pressure these things have to open the valve, thus your now relying on the cap to maintain tyre pressure. Don't know about the rest of you but that seems a bit dodgy to me.  

By Nbrsv on Sunday, November 03, 2002 - 11:31 pm:  View Nbrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Nbrsv Edit this post

i fitted them to my bike a month ago and they seem ok

checked the pressure and they are spot on. guess the true test is when the tyre loses pressure  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation