Hydraulic cam chain adjuster failure?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: Hydraulic cam chain adjuster failure?
By Falcofra on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 04:10 pm:  View Falcofra's Profile Search for other posts by Falcofra Edit this post

My Falco engine suddenly developed a loud clatter at tick over from the rear cylinder, the noise seemed to disappear at higher revs, the bike's done 13000 miles.
I've done all the servicing myself so I decided to check the valve clearances, found all in spech.
Noticed rear cyl. cam chain tensioner was easy to push back but front one was solid, I've ordered a new hydraulic plunger for it, hope this sorts it! I assume that its not working at low revs but starts to work as the oil pressure increases with higher revs.
Anyone else had this problem?
Fraser  

By Nige on Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 04:05 am:  View Nige's Profile Search for other posts by Nige Edit this post

I had the same problem on my 00 Mille. It would hold tension for about 270 degrees of rotation, but then would go slack and lose the tension on the chain. Had the part changed, including the chain guide and it was fine after.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation