Nice day for racing today

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: Nice day for racing today
By Befbever on Sunday, October 06, 2002 - 12:05 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Finally made it to one of those Supermotard races today. Nice weather, nice big big track, nice company we were in.

Joel Smets rode fast, much faster than Stefan Everts on the straights and on the asphalt. But I must admit Everts went like mad on the sandy stuff. Smets' KTM did however seem to be superior on speed. Boy did this thing fly! He won all his races btw.
Both Everts and Smets came walking past us during the day and they're friendly blokes, both of them. Always have time for a chat to the fans.

Great sound these big four-strokes produce as well. Although one two-stroke is a 10 year old Kawasaki and this guy (Godfroid) zipped past everyone else on the hard stuff. Pity he wasn't as good on the dirt.

#1 is Godfroid, the fast Kwak.
#82 is Stefan Everts, World Champion 500 cc MX of course.
#80 is Joel Smets. At least he's found a game in which he can beat Everts this year.
I'm from Belgium too... 

By Befbever on Sunday, October 06, 2002 - 12:12 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

And this guy is wearing my old racing leathers. The bugger in the foreground doesn't seem very interested.
father & son 

By Scotty on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 09:38 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

Bef, I think that I now recognise that individual in the foreground from somewhere...... 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation