Warranty work - again

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: Warranty work - again
By Dave on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 06:10 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

This for info sake for Brits and poss Euros.

Them buggers that handle the 3rd party warranty work (ADP? I forget the name) don't have an office in uk, claims are dealt with via email with an office in either Switzerland or Italy.

My dealer told me they were getting no responce to thier claims for the last 4 weeks (this was just into September). Called the importers in Scotland and was told they'ed spoken to the ADP claim office that morning, and that the company had cleaned up thier holiday act, ie skeleton staff over 1 week as opposed to out to lunch for a month, and that there shouldn't be a dely processing claims.

Pestered the dealer some more who came back with an emailed responce from ADP 2/3 days later.

That's for getting a responce, if anyone has to wait more than a few days for a responce to a claim, thats time to start shouting.

As to what the responce was, they've claimed that my warranty record was incomplete! This I think may be because those lovely people at MC Shitty - 1st servive at Holloway road and 2nd Hanger Lane - didn't send off the coupons, they were all sent off when Harry Nash did their 1st service, drew my attention to this fact and sent them off.

I believe there was little chance of getting the starter clutch replaced on a 25K+ bike, as tho its not listed as a non-warranty item in the book, its not listed as a warranty item either, so basically its 'at thier discretion', so I'm not sure its worth the hassle of chasing up

Anyone had simmilar, or comments (other than Prat for going to City) 

By Scotty on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 08:35 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

Dave, still waiting for Harry Nash to respond to me if my clutch slave cylinder is approved as a warranty job or not.

The work was carried out (which I had to pay for) in late July.

I have left numerious messages with them after speaking to whoever answers the phone over the last two weeks but no one ever calls me back.

Last time I was at harry nash (your falco was there actually) I pointed out a number of items which I believe should also be covered under the warranty.. after basically a heated discussion the dealer was not interested in entertaining the fact that any of them might actually be warranty items. They informed me that since Aprilia had begun to offer proper 2 year warranties they had been less than enthusiastic at approving 2nd warranty work which wouldn't have been a problem previously.

I have taken this lack of response about the slave cylinder to mean that it hasn't been approved. I am taking getting the bike sorted out so that I can sell it into my own hands. i.e. getting everything fixed... can't be bothered with this useless warranty bullsh*t any more.
As soon I get get everything fixed and working I'll be selling/trading and going back to Japanese bike.

I wonder why I ever bothered to buy an official UK bike when the 2nd and 3rd year warranties are next to f*cking useless. 

By Benw on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 09:15 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

Dave,

Pursue the starter clutch! Mine's been approved under a warranty claim. I've got 21,000 on the clock. I've been waiting for the item for over a month now... Still waiting!

At least it's been approved hey?

We'll see when it arrives from Italy...

B 

By Befbever on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 10:16 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Quote:

They informed me that since Aprilia had begun to offer proper 2 year warranties they had been less than enthusiastic at approving 2nd warranty work which wouldn't have been a problem previously.

UH? Am I missing something here or does this sound like utter (utter - utter - utter) bollox?
And who's to say their 2 year warranty will be proper?
Can't blame Scotty for being fed up with this, really. As you say, Scotty, you might just as well had bought a parallel.

The starter clutch: I haven't had any problems with it myself, but the dealer informs me he's always having to fight the importer for ordering all parts for the starter clutch. They say this or that part isn't worn. He then replies it'll be the next part to go once the worn parts are replaced. Dunno if this is any help to anyone, just tort I'd point it out.

Still waiting on the verdict about the gearshaft bearing btw. 

By Dave on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 11:44 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Scotty, I had you partly in mind when I posted this. If Harry Nash have had a responce back from the 3rt party warranty people then they should have a copy of it for you - I've got mine.

Ben, mine came in within a week of ordering. But the approval's good news, now where's all those reciepts...

Re Aprilia and all others having now to supply a 2 year warranty as standard your totally right Bef, utter Bollox! What's the current situaltion to do with a contract signed over two years ago...

Re Harry Nash, Steve's a good guy, I trust his work - I'm also paying for most work with beer now but I don't find his bosses so confidence enspiring, but they did get a very good report from Scotland for what that's worth. 

By John1000 on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 03:20 pm:  View John1000's Profile Search for other posts by John1000 Edit this post

I made the same mistake buying from Motor Sh#ty. They didn�t send any of my documents off, place is run by spotty retards. 

By Scotty on Saturday, October 05, 2002 - 01:25 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

Dave,

As I said my biggest problem is being able to talk to someone at Harry Nash on the phone who can actually help me - the person I need to speak to never seems to be available. I have requested that they call me back on numerious occations without success.

Quote:

but I don't find his bosses so confidence enspiring

Totally agree with you there Dave!

I know that Steve the mechanic doesn't have anything to do with costs, pricing, warranty approval etc. He just does the work. As for trusting him, I don't have any reason not to at the moment - he seems a genuine knowledgable guy.

Bef - this is the guy the diagnosed my oil leak - guess we'll find out next week if he was correct or not. (for everyone else more info on this next week - not discussing this online presently).

Well it would seem that most of us thread contributors are having to deal with Aprilias wonderful warranty approval process, all I see it as are delays delays and more delays. 

By Benw on Saturday, October 05, 2002 - 01:49 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

If you read the small print, it's down to the owner to send off any documentation for the upkeep of the warranty.

I found this out early on...

Dave, where did your dealer order the starter clutch from? I've been waiting for mine for well over a month now. Maybe my dealer can go down that route?

B  

By Dave on Sunday, October 06, 2002 - 04:42 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Ben, they order from Aprilia, from an office in Switzerland. According to Steve all dealers are the same, and he reckons they're getting thier act together - he was surprised your waiting so long. I'll see him today so might get some more info...  

By Dave on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 11:05 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Parties eh, not the best time to try and remember to ask someone sometning! I just reread your post again Scotty at the top and it sounds like your about as far down the path as its going! I'm down there again Thur eve to get the clutch in - 10 days from ordering, for what its worth I'll bug him about it.

3 months 3 weeks and warranty period ENDS -
bugger me - 3 years! 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation