Stop producing RS250

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: Stop producing RS250
By Bob on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 10:39 am:  View Bob's Profile Search for other posts by Bob Edit this post

The guy who works on my bike just came back from Germany ( INTERMOT) one of the biggest motorcycle fair of Europ. He, offcours, went to Aprilia and there was no RS250 to see. After asking they told him they stopped with producing 2-stroke bikes because of enviromental reasons. The RS 125 and the 50 where still there because they were still in stock.
The Falco was there too and they are still selling it because they have a lot of them.
BTW In Germany they must have better cluthches because they said they never had any problem with them. Strange, isn't it?  

By Befbever on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 11:11 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

We have two guys from Germany on this board and they both had problems with their crutch clutch. What a coincidence eh?

The US of A is Aprilia's main objective. And oddly enough, the RS250 isn't allowed on the roads there. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

By Geo on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 01:50 pm:  View Geo's Profile Search for other posts by Geo Edit this post

Hey Bef, you stand uncorrected......the Rs 250 is not street legal, we banned 2 strokes a long time ago.  

By Litre1 on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 10:24 am:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

Tennessee still allows them. I have a friend in Chattanooga that has an '01 tagged as street legal. As a matter of fact, she just got caught speeding on Lookout Mountain at 122 mph. I don't know what the zone was, but I'm guessing 45 mph at the most. The cop let her off with driving too fast for conditions w/o a speed indicated.  

By Dave on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 01:04 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Banned in the US of A don't mean banned in the South - after all, Texas is in the south...  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation