Your Opinion

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: Your Opinion
By Powermaster on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 10:22 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

I notice that a lot of you are not very mechanical minded and some get charged exhorbitant prices to do small things on your bikes. As an add on to our service, what would you say if I got a reliable in house person to do such jobs.  

By Scottaride on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 08:50 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

Im out of the country so it wont help me, but I think it's a good idea and couldn't do any harm 

By Rca on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 12:44 am:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

If you are looking for ideas, how about a travelling mechanic who comes to your house to do bike servicing.  

By Crmc33 on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 02:16 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

A sexy, 18 yr old blonde female mechanic who comes to your house to bleed your system would be nice and useful 

By Diablo_Mille_R on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 02:54 am:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

A bit far for me personally to travel, but there does seem to be a huge hole in the servicing market for a reasonably prices but competent service. Are you talking just fettling, or doing full servicing.....?  

By Powermaster on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 04:03 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

There are two situations here, you have the warrantied UK bikes and the imports, the imports is a different ball game and we could go all the way, servicing, etc.
What I have in mind is more in between services or small jobs, chains, sprockets, oil, you get the drift, there are lots of people who can do it, but just don't have the time, or their time is money.
There are situations, like Venjer wanting to change his sub frame, another the swinging arm. In this situations, I don't mind being there and giving an hand sometimes. However many times this is not possible for me.
I have a client on a TL, who needs a gasket fitted to his exhaust headers, the part costs probably £5, but fitting could take 5 to 6 hours as one needs to undress her fully and remove the system, I told the client to get the part and as Venjer, pop in and do it himself, he said no way, it's too complicated for me, can you do it? 

By Befbever on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 09:46 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

In the case of Aprilia's, setting up the engine properly would also be do-able, right? 

By Powermaster on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 01:52 pm:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

By Befbever on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 08:26 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

I was merely thinking that there are people trying to set up their Prillers themselves when they can have them set up with the proper tools and a minimum amount of time at your factory.

Only trying to help. 

By Charlie on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 02:09 am:  View Charlie's Profile Search for other posts by Charlie Edit this post

well I think it's a good idea.

Chains and Sprockets, maybe tires, brake pads, bleeding brakes etc. I often try to do these things and sometimes they prove a pain in the arse - haven't got right tools etc..

2 instances recently - changing brake hose on the DRZ - could bleed the f***er for some reason (4 evenings of aggro); changing Falco wheel bearings (got wheel out then realised I needed a circlip remover) etc. etc.  

By Capt_Coconut on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 05:55 am:  View Capt_Coconut's Profile Search for other posts by Capt_Coconut Edit this post

seems like a big market for setting up FP chips and fitting fuel pressure regs.......ahhem, cough, splutter...any volunteers, Jorge??? 

By Crmc33 on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 07:11 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Captn Coconut, ...is that you Jorge? 

By Powermaster on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 01:13 pm:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Hey Capt, I never thought of that one, what a good idea, but I need some expert to show me how it's done, as reading or writing instructions are not my favourite hobbies, hence the reason I don't buy at MFI  

By Hansie on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 02:39 pm:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

Quote:

writing instructions are not my favourite hobbies

Damn Powerdude! No instructions with TNT system!
Yes operator , Renegade please!

Gonna order them as soon I have a job again , probably monday!

Hansie 

By Befbever on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 11:21 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

I still have 3 brandnew FP chips lying around. If anyone wants them, they can contact Jorge.

No kidding, people!!

Sorry for using you to shift unwanted stuff Jorge.

Btw, congrats, Hansie! I'll be in the Ardennes this weekend if you're offering a few beers.  

By Hansie on Saturday, August 31, 2002 - 02:41 am:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

I could use a chip right now (for a few weeks)! My Rene's with chip are in Sweden.Come on Tokas put them on and write something here!

Now I have the 6k rpm back.....and slow trottlerespons and no power and, and , and....

Thank the Goddude that I still have the airkit!

Hansie 

By Salkhan on Saturday, August 31, 2002 - 10:31 pm:  View Salkhan's Profile Search for other posts by Salkhan Edit this post

Yes yes!! I want to work! Give me some power tools!  

By Webhamster on Sunday, September 01, 2002 - 02:21 am:  View Webhamster's Profile Search for other posts by Webhamster Edit this post

Great idea Jorge.  

By Powermaster on Tuesday, September 03, 2002 - 12:05 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Although I was expecting a little more support on this one, I decided to take the gamble and brought a new member to our Team. His job is to help you out with whatever jobs your Aprilias need doing. (Not sure about the FPs though)
. But, I know I can always count on Taff on this one

We are also working on small engine mods, nothing extreme or expensive, as engine reliability is our major concern, but we expect the gains to be well worth the money.

The person in charge is well known to those of you who went to Rockingham and I have all the confidence that the job gets well done.

As usual, tests are being made, first on my engine (RSV), a Falco (Trev, Beff, can you hear me?) and an RSVR (Morfh?)

You heard it here first. Here is a little taste of what could be to come.

By Powermaster on Tuesday, September 03, 2002 - 12:09 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

dreamer 

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, September 03, 2002 - 03:01 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

I'll take two please.  

By Daz on Tuesday, September 03, 2002 - 03:13 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Fabulous news Powermaster, and congrats to the new member (I know who he be, great bloke he is too)!

Daz  

By Befbever on Tuesday, September 03, 2002 - 05:40 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Quote:

As usual, tests are being made, first on my engine (RSV), a Falco (Trev, Beff, can you hear me?) and an RSVR (Morfh?)

Your engine? Fat chance!

My Falco: let me get back to you on that. I probably need a new gearshaft bearing first. Damn airkit! 

By Racerxlilbro on Tuesday, September 03, 2002 - 06:44 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Yippee!

Somehow, that graph looks strangely familiar...

By Charlie on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 04:18 am:  View Charlie's Profile Search for other posts by Charlie Edit this post

Jorge - do you still need a test bike? I'm away 22nd Sept for 2 weeks if you need mine...... (but you may have to pick it up / drop it off)

Charlie  

By Powermaster on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 05:00 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Thanks, I will let you know.

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 05:12 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

...what Charlie didnt mention is that his bike is in Outer Mongolia 

By Charlie on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 06:13 am:  View Charlie's Profile Search for other posts by Charlie Edit this post

well act-ur-erly............... it's in Outer Sevenoaks

same sort of thing really!  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation