Pure Tec airbox kit

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: Pure Tec airbox kit
By Deksawyer on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 07:41 am:  View Deksawyer's Profile Search for other posts by Deksawyer Edit this post

looks interesting....

http://www.ducati-kaemna.de/uk/katalog/a122.jpg (sorry, but the procedure for posting pics on this site is a joke!!)

Price - 229 EUR, £146.423, $223.417 US. Not too bad a price.

D. 

By Deksawyer on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 07:48 am:  View Deksawyer's Profile Search for other posts by Deksawyer Edit this post

but I'll have ago all the same....

airbox kit

D. 

By Taffrsv on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 08:27 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

WW3 here we go  

By Racerxlilbro on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 08:55 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Taff, only if it makes less power than stock! 

By Hansie on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 02:21 pm:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

229 euro for a piece of plastic??

Thank the goddude Ive got the carbon one!

WW3 , count me in!

Hansie 

By Racerxlilbro on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 02:25 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

...riiiiight. Let's do a dyno shootout! 

By Powermaster on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 03:08 pm:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

And the Belgium jury results are??????? 

By Racerxlilbro on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 03:26 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

No Belgian jury...just mayo. 

By Befbever on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 01:02 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

And the Belgium results are.....
close, but no cigar
Price was 90 Euro btw.  

By Nickp on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 01:10 am:  View Nickp's Profile Search for other posts by Nickp Edit this post

Does it work then Bef ? How does it compare with the Rene kit (if tried) ? And finally, how the bloody 'ell did ya get it for 90 Euros ? (Was that without the chip ?)  

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 01:29 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

I think its called 90 euro DIY eh Bef

The Pure Tech version is a tad expensive for what it is....a piece of bath sponge and the top off a yoghurt pot.
Itll make a nice noise tho Im not sure how the sponge sitting so close to the injector inlets will behave, especially with all that hot air about (from the engine that is) 

By Nickp on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 01:50 am:  View Nickp's Profile Search for other posts by Nickp Edit this post

Looks spookily like the Pure Tech one ??? Good work if it isn't.
They advertise the filter and chip at 255 euros. The chip is summat like 170 euros. So maybe the filter is 90 euros ish. If they'll sell it seperate ??  

By Befbever on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 02:01 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Yeah, it's 90 Euro DIY. No chip.
I got this filter 5 or 6 months ago.
There are no dyno's as far as I know.
It never was on my bike as I gave it to another Falconeer as a pressie.
I made the bottom alu ring to go on the airbox rim and also the top ring to hold the mesh cylinder and filter down.
better view 

By Nickp on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 02:14 am:  View Nickp's Profile Search for other posts by Nickp Edit this post

Who copied who then Bef ?
PS. Looks like they "destroy" a std airbox to make the kit ??  

By Befbever on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 02:22 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Who copied who is a mystery to me too.

My dealer had these filters made by no-toil.com and hadn't tested them when he sold one to me. I later had to return it because it was for the 02 airbox and didn't fit. He exchanged it for the proper one.
According to the 'tester' I gave it to, it made quite a difference, even with the stock chip.

The airbox remains intact. You just take off the top half and bolt the filter unto the lower half.

And for the question burning on everyone's lips: I didn't report any of this before because this is a Renegade sponsored site and I wasn't about to endorse another person's product on it. Not because it's a competitor. It isn't. It'll work fine, but never get the results of the Rene air kit for the obvious reasons. 

By Taffrsv on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 02:29 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

Quote:

I didn't report any of this before because this is a Renegade sponsored site and I wasn't about to endorse another person's product on it.

Is this not supposed to be a independent site where you can post what you want, obviously not. 

By Diablo_Mille_R on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 02:39 am:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

Quote:

It'll work fine, but never get the results of the Rene air kit for the obvious reasons.

Which obvious reason, its never been on a dyno with a magic button

j/k.... 

By Befbever on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 02:46 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

from the legal stuff pages:

Quote:

You will not knowingly sell or pedal wares, or post links to other sites which sell or pedal wares - except those authorised by RiderSite Limited.

I can post what I want. And I do. Don't need legal pages for that, just common courtesy. 

By Befbever on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 02:49 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Rich, for the record: Jorge has promised to dyno a Mille or Falco with this filter if and when the owner sends it to him.
The result will be for insider's eyes only, as Renegade's policy is not to embarras the competition.  

By Nickp on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 02:50 am:  View Nickp's Profile Search for other posts by Nickp Edit this post

Bef, when I said "destroy" the airbox I meant the top piccie of the Pure Tech one. It looks like the lid off the std airbox, but wi' big lumps cut out of it !!  

By Deksawyer on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 03:26 am:  View Deksawyer's Profile Search for other posts by Deksawyer Edit this post

The spiel on the site where this photo came from said a 5hp & 5Nm increase. It is a bit expensive because it comes with a chip.

As Bef said, No Toil sell it a lot cheaper, but without the chip...

It's definitely a different take on an airbox mod.

D.  

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 06:44 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

"Is this not supposed to be a independent site where you can post what you want, obviously not."

Gee wiz, Taff. Give it a rest. This is the only site where you can talk about anyone's product. Bef is just Renegade's biggest cheerleader...shame on you for not figuring that out YET.

More importantly, the airbox kit in question...looks like the foam does a great job of "consuming" airbox volume by being filled with foam...am I wrong??? 

By Taffrsv on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 07:00 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

I know all about Bef and his loyalties, but I stand by what I posted, when I posted pic's of my homemade airkit I got slated and Bef was the ring leader.  

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 07:34 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

"slated" ??? Come on. All these guys have done is defend themselves against baseless, and ball-less, attacks.

I'm quite sure that if someone has/had a better idea, Jorge and his minions would want to hear about it...

As for this airbox kit...it doesn't make sense to me. If the idea is to increase volume, why would you fill the F*cker with foam???  

By Taffrsv on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 08:04 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

I think we are getting our wires crossed here,

All I did was post pictures of my airkit, why would anyone want to defend themselves from that, it was me who got the baseless, and ball-less, attacks.

As for the other filter is it not just a foam top cover with a mesh support inside ????  

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 09:23 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Hmmm, not exactly the way I recall it. Wasn't there an issue about Dyno charts...

F*ck this, I have a business to run...so I can afford the newest, greatest, fastest stuff for my Falco...  

By Salkhan on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 10:09 am:  View Salkhan's Profile Search for other posts by Salkhan Edit this post

I'm just going to fill mine with pudding.  

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 10:38 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Chocolate?

Or, yorkshire??? Bleh.  

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 11:48 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

...already tried Chocolate. Doesnt work Spose it could depend on the type? White/Plain/Milk?

By Daz on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 12:39 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

I dunno who's bike your kit is on bef but it sure is clean! Looks mint - like it's never been dropped eh?!  

By Befbever on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 12:49 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Hush now, Daz!  

By Salkhan on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 04:44 pm:  View Salkhan's Profile Search for other posts by Salkhan Edit this post

Tapioca mates.

The little rice modules embedded in the pudding allow for faster air cleaning and higher velocity creating a "ram air" effect.

I believe Jorge is testing it out for me now to adapt it to my airkit. I'll post dynos. 

By Crmc33 on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 04:58 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Great idea.
A swirl of strawberry jam never goes amiss either.

Do Mille engines run on pot noodles?  

By Befbever on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 05:45 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Hm, this thread seems to get everyone in a huff once again, hasn't it?
Was a bit tipsy last night so thought it would be best not to go into the WW3. But I'm almost sober now, so...

Cheerleader? Blimey, I've never been called that before. Give me an R, give me an E, give me an N, etc.

Ring leader?
Don't have a cow, Taff. You're beginning to sound like Milkie. And look what happened to him.

By Taffrsv on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 05:57 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

Quote:

I didn't report any of this before because this is a Renegade sponsored site and I wasn't about to endorse another person's product on it.

No need to say anything else 

By Crmc33 on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 06:41 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

thats right, youve said enough as it is 

By Racerxlilbro on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 06:47 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

"No need to say anything else"

That's a fact... 

By Mental_Trev on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 08:18 am:  View Mental_Trev's Profile Search for other posts by Mental_Trev Edit this post

Bef said

Quote:

Don't have a cow, Taff.

Taff replied

Quote:

Quote:I didn't report any of this before because this is a Renegade sponsored site and I wasn't about to endorse another person's product on it.
------------------------------------------------
No need to say anything else.

*SIGH*

You just don't know when to let it go, do you Taff?!

By Racerxlilbro on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 08:21 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Hey, Powermaster, how about a wrestling match between John and Taff...anyone want to place bets??? 

By Taffrsv on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 08:22 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

Trev

answer this question with a straight YES/NO

is this a INDEPENDENT site ?????  

By Mental_Trev on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 08:28 am:  View Mental_Trev's Profile Search for other posts by Mental_Trev Edit this post

No, BUT it is AN independent site! 

By Taffrsv on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 08:43 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

childish  

By Racerxlilbro on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 09:33 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

LMAO.

Childish? I resemble that! 

By Mr_Venjer on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 09:38 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

You guys make me laugh

I shall keep any witty remarks to myself because as Sunshine Anderson says "I've heard it all befooooooooooore, And your lies 'aint working now, look who's hurting now, see I had to shut you down, I had to shut you down".

A little R&B song for you.

Out of interest, If someone does mention someone else's products on this sight is that allowed ? I'm pretty sure I have and if thats wrong apologies to Tomo and jorge

Kevin 

By Salkhan on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 10:19 am:  View Salkhan's Profile Search for other posts by Salkhan Edit this post

There's a problem with strawberry jam..

The seeds present in the suspension contain a chemical goslonium. What this does is cause interference in the balance between the intake velocity stack harmonics and ram-air charge captured in the cylinder chamber.

They only way to do this would be to place an English muffin in the bottom of the airbox because as we all know: The "nooks and crannies" capture everything.  

By Daz on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 11:06 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Give it a rest chaps! We can post whatever we want on here as long as we aren't traders advertising right? Whether we discuss our latest homemade mods or not as the case may be is our choice surely??

If taff's kit was an exact copy of Jorge's then there would be a case against him. The facts of the matter are that you can't copyright an idea, only a design. This fact is exposed daily in all areas - just look at the car aftermarket sector for instance.

I used to work at an aftermarket clutch company and all they did was bring the new cars in, disassemble the clutch, modify it's design *very* slighty and test it still worked. If so - BINGO - one aftermarket clutch available for said car that car manufacturer can do bugger all about as the design is not identical.

Jorge I'm sure knows this and maybe this is one reason he's never really (as far as I know) got involved in the taff airkit fiasco.

Anyway, that's my 2p's worth!  

By Webhamster on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 11:31 am:  View Webhamster's Profile Search for other posts by Webhamster Edit this post

Okay, I wrote the AUP so I guess I'm the chappie to explain the correct interpretation (again).

This site was created for Aprilia riders, hence the name. Aprilia riders can come here, safe in the knowledge that they can talk about any damn think they like. Unlike 'other' sites (I don't need to name them!), you won't get your posts edited, deleted or flamed .

However, sites like this don't come free, and Renegade Products pick up the tab. It's a bit of advertising for them (which I actualy have to force on them!) and they have the advantage of great feedback and ideas direct from Aprilia riders.

You can talk about any products you like.

However ...

If another manufacturer or retailer comes on here to hawk his products, he'll get an invoice from me for advertising. If he won't pay, he's run out of town (this has already happened once).

I set these ground rules, not Renegade Products. It's a simple fact that if advertising is de-valued by my giving away free advertising to every crackpot filter manufacturer who came along () then I expect Renegade Products would withdraw their sponsorship, and the site would cease to exist.

In summary, Deksawyer is encouraged to tell us about any/all products he comes across. But if Pure Tec or any of their retailers came here to tell us about their products, they'd be offered sponsorship. If they turned it down I'd expect them to never darken our door again.

By Befbever on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 11:37 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Hi Hammy!

By Webhamster on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 11:38 am:  View Webhamster's Profile Search for other posts by Webhamster Edit this post

Occasionaly, I like to remind people that I'm always around.

By Racerxlilbro on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 11:38 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Well said, Hamster!

Now, I'd like to talk about my new kanuter valve. It's guaranteed to make an extra 5,000 horsepower...and it only cost $.75, Tapioca is extra.  

By Mental_Trev on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 12:26 pm:  View Mental_Trev's Profile Search for other posts by Mental_Trev Edit this post

Quote:

childish

Yes, I suppose it was.

Purely out of interest, though, if I had instead just written 'YES' (as I should have done), what would your response have been, then, please? 

By Daz on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 01:45 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

B, do you do it for the Fazer?!  

By Racerxlilbro on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 02:00 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

You bet...they need it! I'm working on a full creedisramper to go along with the kanuter valve...sort of in beta testing right now... 

By Taffrsv on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 10:16 pm:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

Hammy

Quote:

crackpot filter manufacturer

you've never met me and you've sussed me straight away

Trev

THANKYOU

I'm not being cocky here but Hammy's just backed me up. 

By Powermaster on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 02:10 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Quote:

you've never met me and you've sussed me straight away

Now that IS funny, coming from you. Remind me, where did we meet,Taff? What're your credit card details, again? I don't seem to be able to find any records of you buying any products from Renegade?

So, why is it that you keep dissing the name of my company? Why is it that whenever someone asks a question on any board about our product, you are so quick to respond with what you found by searching around on the internet?

I am fed up not so much with your negative thoughts about me and my company but rather with the way you seem to 'inflict' them on others. I've said it before and I'll say it again: you are welcome to your own opinions BUT if you want to form a well-considered one about me and/or Renegade, then please come & meet me and/or buy the product, first - until then, kindly keep your ill-informed opinions to yourself!

Now, let's analyse the complaints that you love to point out, from reading on the net, of course.

Quote:

Re: buying stuff
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shakey

You have to appreciate that this is just my opinions, and this is not the case for all Rene kits

1) Several people have complained about the quality of the kit, bolt holes don't line up, carbon plate needs trimming to allow the throttle cables to seat properly, plate fouls the throttle linkage causing sticking throttle

2) The plate does not sit flat, some have sealed with silicone some have made gaskets.

3) For the plate to sit on the throttle bodies a hole has been cut for the TPS switch to fit thro, so when the filter is added air can pass from underneath thro the TPS hole unfiltered, this can be sealed with silicone but this could breakdown with the fuel fumes and engine heat and get sucked thro.

4) people are now complaining of the plate warping.

There is no doubt the kit works but I'm not a great lover of it, but again this is just my honest opinion.
Taff.

Edited by: Taffrsv at: 8/23/02 6:11:13 am

"1) Several people have complained about the quality of the kit, bolt holes don't line up, carbon plate needs trimming to allow the throttle cables to seat properly, plate fouls the throttle linkage causing sticking throttle"

What quality are we talking about, here - the carbon not being carbon or a line of the carbon not being quite in a straight line?
Bolts... could it be that the DIYer is not fitting the plate in the correct manner, or did I not make a template, first?
Did you ever consider that incorrect DIY fitting OR the air inlets not being inserted correctly might be the cause of sticking throttles? I know you have not because, so far as I am aware, you have neither seen one in the flesh nor fitted one.

I, on the other hand, have fitted a great many and have been able to consider such issues in the process of doing so, thus allowing me to see & understand the 'problems' people report that they experience, diagnose the 'fault' and then inform them of the 'cure'.

As for the trimming due to the cable, yes, some are correct... not because we don't trim it first, but because not all throttle cables come fitted from the factory in the same place. If, however we trim all plates, there would be people like Venjer who would be asking "Why has my plate got an indent on the side?". That's a Catch 22 situation for us. In any case is trimming the plate REALLY such a big issue? Isn't that actually part of the 'fun' of DIY?

"2) The plate does not sit flat, some have sealed with silicone some have made gaskets."

Yes it does, if you'd read the instructions (but then again, of course, you've never seen them!), they say that the rubber rings, SHOULD NOT be fitted since to do so will most likely distort the plate in the long run.

3) For the plate to sit on the throttle bodies a hole has been cut for the TPS switch to fit thro, so when the filter is added air can pass from underneath thro the TPS hole unfiltered, this can be sealed with silicone but this could breakdown with the fuel fumes and engine heat and get sucked thro.

Once again, you have not seen it. If you had, you'd notice that the filter sits exactly where the sensor is thus providing ample protection to the engine from any harmful objects.

"4) people are now complaining of the plate warping."

Could that be because of those O rings, as I've already mentioned? I have, as yet, to receive a plate back due to this warping!

"There is no doubt the kit works but I'm not a great lover of it, but again this is just my honest opinion.

Finally, I hear what everyone reading your honest opinion tends to forget, or else are deviated from understanding... THE AIRKIT PURPOSE!

In performance tuning, there is a 'rule' that one normally pays £100 per BHP. Well Taff, for an assured 5 to 7 BHP increase, I think that £125 is not a bad price to pay for such "low quality" piece of kit.

"I'm not a great lover of it"

Why is that Taff, and why on earth did you decide to DIY one yourself following the same basic design concept? Oh sorry, I forgot, because you are "a tight Northern git"!

BTW, of the hundreds of kits we have sold, the two gentleman that are complaining on the other boards are the only people that I know of who are dissatisfied with the product... however, NEITHER of them has ever taken the trouble to contact us regarding their complaints, so denying us any opportunity of putting things right for them. Readers who have not dealt with us, experienced the way in which we do business and so are not used to our service may thus be lead into thinking that we do not give a damn about our clients - NOTHING could be further from the truth, I assure you!

To end, I would like to remind all that the airkit is made to assist power and enhance performance, not as a beautifying bolt-on product... let's not get taken in by gorgeous pictures but instead ask to be shown meaningful results! 

By Rsvdave on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 04:20 am:  View Rsvdave's Profile Search for other posts by Rsvdave Edit this post

Hi all,

As one of the "two gentlemen" Jorge mentions above I just wanted to clarify something. I am not complaining about any Renegade products. I have merely chosen to purchase a competitors airkit as I, personally, felt it was a 'better' product and one I would be happier using.

As far as I am aware, I'm quite entitled to pass on my thoughts on any products whether I have previously purchased from the supplier or not. I have never driven a Ferrari, a Lamborghini or a Porsche but if someone asked which I would buy if I had the money, I would express an opinion on each based on information I have picked up over the years.

Just because I choose not to buy from Renegade, and I politely express my own reasoning on a non-Renegade sponsored forum, I shouldn't criticised behind my back.

RSV Dave  

By Powermaster on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 04:48 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Dave

I'm not criticising you behind your back or anywhere else for that matter - you aren't one of the two gentlemen I referred to... they both HAVE purchased Renegade products.

To avoid any further confusion, the two I'm referring to are on RSVR.NET under the usernames of DEKSAWYER & STUSRSVR.

By Rsvdave on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 04:57 am:  View Rsvdave's Profile Search for other posts by Rsvdave Edit this post

Jorge,

My mistake. I had made a couple of comments regarding my Evo airkit, and my decision process before buying it, on RSVR.net and thought you were referring to me.

Do we all need a group hug now to make up?????

RSV Dave 

By Taffrsv on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 05:12 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

I don't know why I'm bothering to answer as it will as usual fall on deaf ears.

This topic is also running on another board and someone was asking opinions on what others thought of different airkits, I reply'd but refused to comment on the Rene, the lad then asked me personally my thoughts so I replied, after all thats the purpose of these boards.

Lets turn things round here, if EVO made the Rene and vice versa, it would be the Evo kit I did not like, do you think Evo would be acting like dummyless babies I think not.

You say I get my info from surfing the net, this is true it is a totally great place to further your knowledge, but what you don't know is that I have seen a Rene kit, and thats what I have based my opinions on, maybe I saw a bad one.

So once again I am accussed of slating Rene and its products, which again is a load of bollocks all I have done is state my opinion on a product that is for sale to the public.

If anyone is giving Rene a bad name its you, when ever someone says something about Rene you don't like, you jump up and down, spit your dummy and act like a insecure school girl. As you say you have sold hundreds and there is only me and 2 others who don't like it.

Your behaviour towards me has already cost you an exhaust system, I'm afraid the way I feel now I will never buy of you till I get an apology.

Have a nice day now.

Taff.  

By Taffrsv on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 05:16 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

Don't panic I've found them

Jorges Dummy 

By Vineil on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 05:35 am:  View Vineil's Profile Search for other posts by Vineil Edit this post

F*ck me, you lot are worse than a bunch of SV owners.

Shheeeesh, lighten up for feck sake.  

By Crmc33 on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 05:36 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Have you just spat them out Taff? 

By Taffrsv on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 05:42 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

Crmc33

All I need now is some Terry Toweling nappies and a Satsuma and I'm sorted for tonight  

By Salkhan on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 05:58 am:  View Salkhan's Profile Search for other posts by Salkhan Edit this post

Someone needs some tapioca pudding.

To be honest, "some other company" (not including EVO because they would, too, defend their products) wouldn't give you the time of day. In fact, you'd probably get an Email back saying "Thank for your inquiry, blah blah blah, we are lookin into it, blah blah blah" - In other words to •••• off you silly sod... so to speak.

Hey - If I ran my own business in one of the most competitive markets out there, I would go nuts to defend it as well if it were attacked. There's a fine line between passion and lunacy and I don't think Jorge is in diapers...

... yet. 

By Racerxlilbro on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 06:46 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Did I read it correctly? Taff is looking for an apology?

I'm sorry...

By R100gs on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 07:47 am:  View R100gs's Profile Search for other posts by R100gs Edit this post

Man this site is always pure entertainment! 

By Hansie on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 07:54 am:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

I would never understand this britisch humor

I only can say : I had a small problem with a Renegade exhaust and they solved it after one simple phonecall. Special for me they made the "bigfoot"design. No costs were involved for this service (for me that is!!). I'm certainly not an easy client! The airkit is on my Falco for approx 4 months now , working perfect!

I simply cannot believe that [a]it doesnt work or breakes down; [b]Renegade wouldnt help you out if so. Many will have the same opinion.

Jorge talkes a lot but he's does what he says (thats why he so busy)

Hansie
just a Falco driver from the Netherlands 

By Befbever on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 08:08 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Because I don't think 67 replies are enough , I'm adding one more:

Various people from this board and others (I am multi-lingual, remember?) have been aware of the existence of this filter. Because I told them by e-mail or by posting. Not to advertise, just to inform. Yet none of them opted to buy one. They all went for something else, most of them got the Rene kit. 

By Taffrsv on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 08:33 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

your last pathetic statements just show what a arsehole you are.

when I try anything new I post results on all boards for all to see, eg my airkit, and quess what, this is the only board where you get crap thrown at you, in fact the 10mths I've had a Aprilia 99.9% of the shit I've seen on any board comes from the pathetic RRS.  

By Racerxlilbro on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 08:50 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Uh oh, now we're down to name calling.

Milkie, are you back???

LOL!

BTW, what makes you think you got crap thrown at you? Because you made an untrue statement that was NOT based in fact? Or, because somebody called BULLSHIT on you?

We are a really happy, friendly lot, who really enjoy our bikes and the esprit de corps and witty diatribe of like minded individuals. This site requires a certain self-effacing, self deprecating, and certainly quasi-intellectual sense of humor (right Crmc33??? LOL!). Name calling is the clearest indication I've seen yet that you are ill-equipped in a battle of intellect. 

By Befbever on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 09:03 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

By Taffrsv on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 09:25 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

yes your statement is pathetic, you've tried something new and you won't share it because you don't like me.

Racer what untrue statement have I made ?? and whats not based on fact ??

I have never slated a Rene product, I just say what I've been told, heard and SEEN. I have an Inbox on my computer full of mail supporting me in these pathetic arguments from people who can't be bothered with you lot, why do you think the other boards have more members and they don't post here.  

By Befbever on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 09:33 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Quote:

you won't share it because you don't like me.

I don't even know you!

I don't share certain things because I have no proof they work. If you go to Daz's site, you'll see that I've shared plenty over the past months.

And thank you for calling me that. 

By Racerxlilbro on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 10:17 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

How many airkits have YOU installed?  

By Taffrsv on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 10:31 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

Just the one, no need for a dremil or silicon

-My Image-

-My Image-

-My Image-

-My Image- 

By Crmc33 on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 01:07 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

looks like it took a lot of Dremeling to me!

Anyway, Im off to try n wear out my Falco for 5 days. Will report back with details.

In the meantime, keep the battle going strong but remember that, in the words of Michael Caine in Zulu,...
"Oi! Stop Chakin those bladdy spears ...at mi"

By Webhamster on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 01:13 pm:  View Webhamster's Profile Search for other posts by Webhamster Edit this post

Taffrsv dribbled ...

Quote:

99.9% of the shit I've seen on any board comes from the pathetic RRS.

Hmmm, I wonder why there are sooooo many satisfied Renegade customers out there. They must all be head-cases! I'm right, everyone else is wrong - right?

Racerxlilbro retorted ...

Quote:

Name calling is the clearest indication I've seen yet that you are ill-equipped in a battle of intellect.

Now that's just unfair Racer. You're obviously entering into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent!

Taffrsv dribbled ...

Quote:

I have an Inbox on my computer full of mail supporting me

I think it's a testament to how 'independent' this site is that I don't even feel the need to delete or edit your posts. Despite the fact that you're being so rude, offensive, profane and downright childish! Most of the other supposedly independent Aprilia sites we all know what have kicked yo ass outa here by now!

But don't let me stop you, this is highly entertaining ....

By Deksawyer on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 02:29 pm:  View Deksawyer's Profile Search for other posts by Deksawyer Edit this post

SORRY IF THIS IS A LONG POST, BUT PLEASE BEAR WITH ME AS I TRY TO DEFEND MY RIGHT AS A CONSUMER, ALBEIT IN AN OPEN FORUM ENVIRONMENT.

Below is a post, in reply to some questions and retorts on the rsvr.net site, added just to clarify my position on the Renegade products, specifically the Airkit.

I've read all the posts above this one, and there are some startling remarks from a few people (I don't have time to cut and paste, unlike some! ), and this really gives me a negative feeling towards this site - it's so damn clique, it's unbelievable. If someone has thoughts contrary to the majority, then their deemed to be a bit of a thorn in the side and talk a lot of dribble.

Every body, please put this to rest - All I Did was to post some info on an alternative airbox mod and it looks like Jorge has taken it to heart that people are finding reasons not to use his products.

Jorge, the reason I didn't call you and complain about the poor fitment of the kit, is because in my line of work you have to adapt things to make it all work together beautifully, so I felt it was within my ability to make your kit fit, within an hour or so rather than wait for a week on a replacement etc...after all I gave you my money thinking that this was a 'bolt on' performance mod when it clearly wasn't.

And please don't get the wrong end of the stick, I tried the kit, was a little bit impressed, but have decided it wasn't for me...as I say below, everybody has to do a bit of shopping around and find the product that suits there needs before deciding on what's suits them best. I'm not too proud to post 6 months down the line that the Rene kit is in fact the best as far as performance results are concerned, but unfortunately I don't think the fitment issues that a number of us have had will be resolved.

These are my opinions, which I believe I'm able to state.

------------------------------------------

FROM THE RSVR.NET FORUM:

In reply to some earlier remarks (been away on business) - I like the Renegade products - they do try hard to produce stuff that's not generally available, but was not convinced as to the performance gains of the airkit compared to the improvements that I read about by everyone else who had fitted it. But above all there's something at the back of my mind nagging that it's not quite right.

I work with the best of equipment every day, from £4000 (each) CCTV cams to complicated and expensive Cisco routers, and you know when a product is well put together. The Renegade air kit is not well finished, is not easy to fit unless you know how to open a tool box, and it's becoming questionable as to the reliability of it's ability to 'filter' the air. By this I mean the warping of the plate and the open hole at the back of the filter, as mentioned by Taff above. This combined with the apparent lack of quality control makes it a bit of a tryer, rather than a winner. And these are only my thoughts BTW, so don't try convincing me otherwise.

I'm not knocking Renegade, because they obviously have to build this to a price, otherwise their user base would be a quarter of what it is at the moment due to costs being to high...but for the money, it could be a bit more of a finished product, and by this I mean not having to faff around making sure that you've hopefully got everything fitted and sealed well.

I personally think that the new Evo airkit is the way to go, mainly due to it's apparently better filtering abilities (sealed box) but it's quite expensive as well, mind you, so is this Pure Tec kit that I posted about.

I urge everybody to do a bit of research and then buy whatever he or she think fits their needs after that - don't expect others to do it for you. A bit of helpful advice is always welcome, but you may not get the results that other people claim.

I don't want to get into the "Us versus Renegade" argument, because I've nothing to prove to them, and vice versa, plus at the end of the day, they do an alright job, but I feel there products aren't for me.

I'll sell my kit for £80 inc P&P.

Just to recap - THESE ARE MY OPINIONS ONLY!!!!!

------------------------------------------

Right, back to my G&T!!!!  

By R100gs on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 03:05 pm:  View R100gs's Profile Search for other posts by R100gs Edit this post

All things aside guys, I think this PureTec filter is well thought out. 

By Taffrsv on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 05:11 pm:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

Hammy

from your last post I take it you are a fully paid up member of the RRS, so I say you should resign your post to a unbaised person, or take this shite to the Rene site where you and your like can rot in hell.

Quote:

You're obviously entering into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent!

I joined this site thinking it was a good independent site to have some fun and debates, but the way you treat non RRS members (remember Aviator)I think I made a big mistake, but if you think I will just dissappear think again

Have a nice rest of your sad life.

Taff.

ps.

yes I've been drinking  

By Racerxlilbro on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 08:18 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Gentlemen, I have to say this is getting a little long in the tooth. You say you work with expensive equipment? I built million dollar race cars for a living...Big farking deal. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion. I applaud anyone who can give intelligent reasons for choosing one product over another, and fully acknowledge that sometimes something, whether a design flaw or perception problem, turns us off to an otherwise "good" design.

I don't know whose photos are posted above, but the airkit on my Falco is much better finished. I can't believe the safety wiring job. Good lord, don't tell me you work on aircraft...I'll never fly again!

Look, I really like Jorge and the rest of the Renegade family. I reread this thread and have come to the conclusion that Taff is looking to pick a fight with Bef for the purpose of "exposing" this as a biased site. So what? WHo cares? I don't. I see it as personal attacks. At the end of the day, it's all about sharing a common interest. But, just like the schoolyard, there are going to be bullies, and frankly, kids we don't want to play with any more.

Which are YOU?  

By Exdukenut on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 09:24 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Racer, Taff does have some valid points. The product originally outlined is just that, another product, on the market, albeit later on the market than Jorge's/Rene's product, or for that matter Evoluzione's original sealed box extender. And Taff has every right to post his opinions of this new product, just like his own version of jorge's product. He is not promoting it as a distributor of said product and mentioned it after beff's initial post of his version. Good luck to Taff for be ingenious that he could do his own.

Have we seen Dyno's of Taff's version? Not that I'm aware of, on any site I frequent as a registered user. So Taff pls post one so we can have a look at your "product".

As to "slagging" off of Jorge's product, for poor fitment etc, you should have gone to Jorge direct, and not lambasted the product to all and sundry. I'm sure he would've been very happy to advise, or even given anyone's money back if they weren't satisfied.

I purchased one of Jorge's airkit replacements based on the simple fact that what i got was what he and others claimed, that a definate improvement would occur to my bikes power characteristics.

here are my dyno's for all and sundry to see, with the airkit, against my rSC piped and chipped version.

Dyno

As to what constitutes slander, I believe that people are getting very close to it, whether you are in the states or UK or Australia.

jorge backs his products to the hilt and will obviously defend his product to the hilt, whenever it is slagged off at.

i for one, living in Australia, would love to see more manufacturers take the time and effort that Jorge has done for me, even thoughj I live some 14000km's away from him.

I installed the airkit, without any problems and I don't have any problems that you have raised. Taff, when you slag off a product beacuse you don't see it working for you, pls be aware that the are hundreds of other users of the product who are very pleased with it. You should let people know this as well, and without hesitation!

I for one also use the internet to glean valuable information, on this and other sites, as well as for work related sites. it is a great thing. But it is also a 2 edged sword, unfair comments can be taken literally, by others very easily.

Taff, when I had a problem with a specific order with a distributor, i don't go on the internet and slander the guy like you, I have spoken with the said distributor directly to resolve it, not lambasted away, and the distributor came back and made good not only with apologies but with very useful information, in fact he was emabarassed and has gone out of his way to fix/offer other inducements, on other products.

Taff, Racer, pls "kiss and makeup' you donm't do either of yourselves justice, and this is getting too long in the tooth, for us poor modem users to continue with.

I for one am an avid Aprilia rider, formerly a Ducati rider 9even though I still have one).

Go have a beer, a joint, or go for a ride, whatever turns you on. Personally I'll take all of the above as I'm all for enjoying myself.

basically get over it!!!!!!!!

By Exdukenut on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 09:26 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Sorry wrong plot

Dyno2 

By Myapriliarsv on Saturday, August 24, 2002 - 06:01 am:  View Myapriliarsv's Profile Search for other posts by Myapriliarsv Edit this post

i have been reading and keeping my mouth shut...i cannot take it anymore....all i can say is i am disappointed in everyone involved in this post. i have been out spoken from time to time...but acting like 5 yr old and name calling? what the F is that crap.

I am one of the US Reps for Renegade and a fan of the product...but I never have nor will I ever bash someone that wants another brand exhaust or performance part.

Jorge works hard, makes nice products...but he and Tomo always say...Renegade is not for everyone. The absolute bottom line is we all ride Aprilia's and we should stop this bullshit!

I personally have started posting a lot less on all the sites because of the childish banter and I am saddened to see it here too.  

By Myapriliarsv on Saturday, August 24, 2002 - 07:47 am:  View Myapriliarsv's Profile Search for other posts by Myapriliarsv Edit this post

i also want to add one thing to Taff...by now i would think you would expect getting beat up for bashing Renegade here.

You know as well as anyone that many of the people that frequent this site own Renegade Products and will defend their purchase.

I got lambasted last Nov for posting that the FP was not a good value...and that it did not perform as promised. Well I got beat up and I actually supplied dynos to back my claim...bottom line is any time you knock a product you will get negative feedback...

i do not condon the childish behavior, name calling at our ages????... personally I think it hurts what is a great site...

next I will hear someone say...i am rubber your glue, whatever you say bounces off me and stick to you....

By Racerxlilbro on Saturday, August 24, 2002 - 08:45 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

I know you are, but what am I??? 

By Taffrsv on Saturday, August 24, 2002 - 09:15 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

Jim

I take it thats my telling off finished with and I accept and probably deserve it, but to get me beat up is a bit nasty, talking of beating up the Rugby season started today, I've got to retire its killing me well maybe just one more season.

At the end of the day we are all allowed opinions and should be allowed to voice them, we might not agree with them, but we should let them be voiced.

Anyway must go and finish my packing I'm off to the I.O.M. Manx GP in the morning for a week, should be fun.

Taff 

By Mr_Venjer on Saturday, August 24, 2002 - 09:32 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Exdukenut, good response. I agree totally 100% I believe Dek and Taff have gone a bit overboard with their responses to airkit questions. I think they could have mentioned the problems with their airkits in a less confrontational way. I am not saying they have not had problems.

I like many form my opinions on stuff I know nothing about by asking questions and taking in the various answers. I can make a decision then on what suits me. By your answers and the slating the Renegade airkit gets on different forums I would have said bollox to it, I'll get an Evo.

When Dek posted pictures and questions about the fitment of his airkit a lot of negativaty come up. I remember vividly because at the time I had placed an order for my exhaust and airkit from Jorge. I remember saying I was going to Renegade that weekend and if I see any funny business I will have to bash someone - and I meant it.

I got there and had a whale of a time, Jorge didn't even fit the airkit. The two peeps that were looking at my bike I later found out were NOT even Renegade staff - just previous customers who were there and wanted to fit it for me !!

I came away thinking that the opinion I had got from Deks post could not have been further from the truth.

Dek, instead of posting pictures and asking questions of people who didn't know shit about the airkit why did you not phone Jorge and get a prompt answer ? This just serves up fodder for people to jump on the bandwagon. Luckily I did NOT cancel my order with Rene as I WAS going to do.

I don't know if Jorge has modified the original design to accomodate any initial design flaws so now no one has any problems. Dek, yours was one of the first was it not ?

Dek, don't take this as a personal attack, I am just curious as to why you slated the Rene product BEFORE asking Jorge any questions first. If he did not reply or was rude then fair enough, slate away !!

Obviously if you did ask him first then ignore everything I have ever said

I love healthy debate, lets hit 100 posts !!

K. 

By Myapriliarsv on Saturday, August 24, 2002 - 09:34 am:  View Myapriliarsv's Profile Search for other posts by Myapriliarsv Edit this post

RACER SAID:

Quote:

I know you are, but what am I???

DON'T EVEN ASK, LOL

Taff:
I was smart, retired from Rugby 9 yrs ago.... 

By Webhamster on Saturday, August 24, 2002 - 09:49 am:  View Webhamster's Profile Search for other posts by Webhamster Edit this post

Taffrsv defended...

Quote:

At the end of the day we are all allowed opinions and should be allowed to voice them, we might not agree with them, but we should let them be voiced.

Absolutely m8, you should (and can on this site) voice any opinion you may have about anything you like.

However, by the same token you should not be surprised or offended if other people do not agree with you and choose to voice their own opinions!

By Taffrsv on Saturday, August 24, 2002 - 10:06 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

I will listen to anyones opinions, I might not agree with them, and hopefully we can debate them as gentlemen.

But just remember I was always made welcome on this site till I made my own airkit, and now you all treat me like a leper the big PUBLIC ENEMY No1

Taff. 

By Brianr on Saturday, August 24, 2002 - 10:26 am:  View Brianr's Profile Search for other posts by Brianr Edit this post

Im Thinking of buying an air kit....... know where i can get one.........titter

Iv been on holiday for a week(with the wife this time Daz) and all this has happend. Im never going away again

BrianR  

By Daz on Saturday, August 24, 2002 - 11:45 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Haha, I knew it!!! The RSV-R was a biggie so not only did she want a week's holiday but she also demanded it was with you!! Women!

Hope you had a good time and didn't miss the black beastie too much BrianRSV-R!

I'm not trying to derail the thread (well I am really) but I'm sat here deaf as a foc-ing doorpost. Me ears are killing me and I'm cacking myself over needing to go to the hospital for yet another operation on my ears to have gromits fitted, again.

It's not much fun when getting a cold can end you up in hospital... :(

Big Kev - have a great time on Monday mate and don't go the same way you went last time eh?!

Daz

PS Got some piccies to post tomorrow of something you lot may find funny..... 

By Taffrsv on Saturday, August 24, 2002 - 12:16 pm:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

Why tomorrow ???? I'm going away post them now please  

By Mr_Venjer on Sunday, August 25, 2002 - 04:15 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Will the 100th post crash the server ????

Thanks Daz. I'm going the M1 route. Fitted all my racing fairing bits and hidden camera

The OEM Airkit rulez !!!!

Kevster 

By Daz on Sunday, August 25, 2002 - 12:56 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Can't - my fecking camera won't play with my pc anymore (dirty focers eh).

Good luck Kevin.

Daz  

By Deksawyer on Sunday, August 25, 2002 - 01:29 pm:  View Deksawyer's Profile Search for other posts by Deksawyer Edit this post

Kevin, you've missed the point I was hoping to convey in my rather long post above - I'm not knocking or slating Renegade products in any way, I just said that in my opinion, the airkit was badly finished and not easy to fit. I had to replace the washers on mine because the silicon that was flung on had come loose plus the fact that some of them were a different thickness to the rest.

Now I know when I bought mine, Renegade were having real problems keeping up with demand (I had to wait nearly a month from ordering to delivery), and therefore quality control might not have been as eagle eyed as it otherwise should have been, but to think that if I phoned them and asked for a replacement, I would have had to wait even longer to try the bleeding thing - and believe me I was looking forward to that...

Anyway, I'm quite happy to have had the kit on my bike - and as I said on the 'other' forum, my bike now feels slightly wheezy in the lower part of the rev range with the standard airbox, and I'm happy to admit that the kit helped in this area. It's the finish and fitment that I have trouble justifying the money on.

Peace (especially to Renegade and their followers!!)

D. 

By Powermaster on Sunday, August 25, 2002 - 03:33 pm:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

But Derek, and only now I can Identify you, I understand your point perfectly well and I appreciate your input, but why did you not call us, when there is a problem with any of our products, we do not tend to sit on it, but give maximum priority, no matter where the client lives, I am known to pick up the phone and call the client, in your case, we did not have any data, phone or email. I kept reading about your dissatisfaction and simply could not figure, why you kept writing to a Forum instead of doing the obvious and ring us. Furthermore, you went as far as stating the sale of the airkit

Quote:

I tried the kit, was a little bit impressed, but have decided it wasn't for me...as I say below, everybody has to do a bit of shopping around and find the product that suits there needs before deciding on what's suits them best

Now I get even more confused, is it the fitting that was not satisfactory or the promised power increase not there?

Had you given us a chance to bring the product up to your standards or expectations, I am sure that many arguments regarding this issue would have never had happen, nor would some loss of our sales? As usual this I have to blame Myself for allowing a product to be sent without a more efficient quality control. For this I apologise.

Jorge 

By Deksawyer on Sunday, August 25, 2002 - 06:05 pm:  View Deksawyer's Profile Search for other posts by Deksawyer Edit this post

Jorge, it's good to hear from you - but you did in fact have my email address; this was how I ordered the airkit from you in the first place.

As for stating my 'gripes' in public, I didn't start any of this, and didn't post the pics of the other airkit to get anyones back up.

OK, let's give this another go - send me an email; you'll get it from my profile I think, and I'll reply with my telephone no. so we can have a chat about replacing the kit if this is what you're suggesting.

Look forward to speaking to you....even tho' I know you like to talk.

D. 

By Exdukenut on Sunday, August 25, 2002 - 09:55 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

i just thought I'd chime in as i wanted to be the 100th poster on this thread.

Everybody, heres 's to you. 

By Racerxlilbro on Monday, August 26, 2002 - 07:10 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

I feel the love!

Can we all hold hands and sing "Kumbaya?" 

By Salkhan on Monday, August 26, 2002 - 08:02 am:  View Salkhan's Profile Search for other posts by Salkhan Edit this post

How we got off the REAL topic of jams and puddings is beyond me. Man I wish you people would get serious for once. I'm tired of being the brains!

Hee hee!

By Zhaith on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 12:37 pm:  View Zhaith's Profile Search for other posts by Zhaith Edit this post

hmmmm what more can i say other than..yawn...ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

oh and boring................

byeeeee

twas nice whilst it lasted but balls to it i'm off tired of this crap, time to find a new home 

By Daz on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 01:29 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

At last, someone said it... thank you zhaith.

Daz  

By Mr_Venjer on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 02:14 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Well, it looks like something good came from all this. Its come out into the open and maybe some hatchets will get buried. There is nothing like a good argument and I think more good has come from this particular one !!

ARS, bringing Dek and Taff and Jorge TOGETHER -

Kevin 

By Deksawyer on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 04:32 am:  View Deksawyer's Profile Search for other posts by Deksawyer Edit this post

Yep, I agree - I received a new airkit today and it's perfect. There, said it!!!

Seriously though - if you're considering an airbox replacement then still consider Renegade to be a valid option as well, don't let any of the bullshit above put you off (I've said this all long, haven't I??), because now I'm sure that Jorge will put (if any) problems to right.

Anyway, end of story, end of thread full of moaning bastids!!

D. 

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 07:19 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

...always have to get the last word in...

HARUMPH! 

By R100gs on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 12:32 pm:  View R100gs's Profile Search for other posts by R100gs Edit this post

Deksawyer, I would love to hear more of your thoughts on the Pure Tec filter you have purchased. No arguments intended mates.  

By Powermaster on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 01:50 pm:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

By R100gs on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 04:22 pm:  View R100gs's Profile Search for other posts by R100gs Edit this post

Give me a break Jorge. In all honesty. We have the Power! Click on me-Dammit! 

By Powermaster on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 12:02 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

R100gs, I had to laugh because of your question, you obviously got confused. Dek, DID NOT buy the Tec thingy, he was talking about his new Rene Airkit
But I'll forgive you  

By Crmc33 on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 12:34 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Powermaster,
If I also buy two airkits, do I get double the power boost? 

By R100gs on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 05:02 am:  View R100gs's Profile Search for other posts by R100gs Edit this post

Jorge, thanks for forgiving me. Well then Bef, How Do you like that No-Toil? 

By Befbever on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 09:41 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

What No-Toil? I don't have one.  

By R100gs on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 10:27 am:  View R100gs's Profile Search for other posts by R100gs Edit this post

Bloody Hell! I'm definitly in the Fog! 

By Crmc33 on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 12:07 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Bef always does his best to confuse everyone 

By Deksawyer on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 05:13 pm:  View Deksawyer's Profile Search for other posts by Deksawyer Edit this post

Fuggin' 'ell R100gs, do you think I'm some kind of sadist!!!

I did indeed receive a new and most perfect airkit from Jorge (no bullshit!!) and I would hope that everyone of you who goes with the Rene airkit gets the same - let me know if otherwise and I'll give Jorge a kick up the arse......

Anyway, it's all done and dusted as far as I'm concerned, so everybody take what they will from this thread (the longest on the ARS???)

bye

Dek. 

By R100gs on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 06:20 pm:  View R100gs's Profile Search for other posts by R100gs Edit this post

It was a honest mistake Dek. No harm intended. So how do you like that strawberry shortcake? 

By Mr_Venjer on Monday, September 02, 2002 - 09:00 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Just wanted my name to be the last in the thread. Where is Norris Mcquirter - I am a record breaker ....... !!!

Venjer 

By Racerxlilbro on Monday, September 02, 2002 - 08:19 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

No way, man...I get the last word...ALWAYS! 

By Litre1 on Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 10:09 am:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

I think I should get a medal for reading the entire thread in one sitting! Hope we're through. I wish personal shots were limited to PM's, I try to avoid sites that involve that teenage temper. I would like to see someone do a comparison on their personal website showing the characteristics of each system available, and how each detail affects what areas of performance. I couldn't care less about anyone's opinion on a product, I like reading about the details.

God, I feel Swiss I'm so neutral! (No offense to Switzerland. I wouldn't want to start another pissing match!!!)  

By Dave on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 07:45 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation