4500 service is due. Will I have probs due to my mods ?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: 4500 service is due. Will I have probs due to my mods ?
By Mr_Venjer on Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 12:02 pm:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Peeps, I have Twin cans and a Rene airkit. Will my dealer carry out the service and stamp my book or give me the finger ? I bought the bike from another dealer but these guys (Daytona, London) serviced my previous Mille ok.

If they go to change filters and see the Rene kit will they leave alone and in turn will they refuse to finish the service ? What do you think ?

Thanks

The Kevster  

By Benw on Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 11:09 pm:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

My dealer was fine with my mods. They stamped the book without any problems. They couldn't change the airfilter because it didn't need changing! Chat with them before you take it in. Make sure that they're going to play ball. If not, take your ball to someone who will.

Remember young Kevin, it's YOUR ball...

B 

By Diablo_Mille_R on Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 11:19 pm:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

The air cleaner is only a check/clean item for 4500 miles anyway so don't worry about that. The only thing would be the carb sync if it needs adjusting, I'm not sure if you need to remove the airkit plate to get to the adjusters or not. If so they may not like it as it is not a part they are used to taking off and refitting.  

By Mark on Sunday, August 04, 2002 - 07:00 am:  View Mark's Profile Search for other posts by Mark Edit this post

Basically any mod will invalidate a warranty. Just depends on your dealer really. As mentioned its best to inform them and see what they say.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation