Back on the track

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: Back on the track
By Taffrsv on Sunday, July 28, 2002 - 07:36 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

Did a trackday last week first time back on the track in 20yrs, absolutely awesome but very tiring, I only did 5 of the 6 sessions, the bike went and handled a dream, blitzed all the Duc's out there, also managed to lap my 2 mates on there Blades .

To be fair I was in the wrong group but it was all that was left when we booked, had a great time and never put myself or anyone else in tricky situation.

The tyres I used need a mention I used race compound Super Corsa's, they are awesome just need a lap or 2 to warm up.

Front

Rear

Taff. 

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 12:31 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

They look worn out. I would have put new ones on for the day. 

By Benw on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 12:33 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

Suspension too hard? Cold shear of the tyre? Heating up TOO much?

Shouldn't look like that...

B  

By Taffrsv on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 11:45 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

Bloody hell Ben, I was chuffed to hell with them, they were just like all other race tyres there, I will put your suggestions to my suspension guru and see what he says, but when he saw them he took the piss that I had not ragged them up enough.

I must admit my suspension is a touch hard for the road but it seems sound for the track.

Taff.  

By Benw on Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 02:57 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

Nah, I was just teasing!

On a slightly more serious note, there should be very little shear on the tyre if the tyre and the suspension are working in harmony within the correct heat range. They definitely shouldn't be "ragged up" more than what you've got. If they are, then the tyre is having to work harder. I've never managed to get mine working any less hard than it seems yours are though.

Jorge? What say you?

B 

By Salkhan on Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 05:28 am:  View Salkhan's Profile Search for other posts by Salkhan Edit this post

The slimier the better? 

By Mr_Venjer on Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 11:50 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

I rode mine on the road for another 1000 miles after my track day. Do you think that was dangerous ? I must admit they didn't look like that though !!

Kevin  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation