Exhaust repacking

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: Exhaust repacking
By Diablo_Mille_R on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 12:15 pm:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

In recent weeks when group riding it had been mentioned that my bike was a little on the noisy side (like to noisiest by a mile) so wandered down to the local bike shop, bought some packing material and set out to sort my race can. As the bike has the std can right now for servicing I was in no rush. Well it felt a bit light when picked it up so I drilled the rivets out and WTF here is what was inside:
wot no packing

No wonder it was a little noisy

So, if you flick your end can casing and it rings like a church bell you probably have the same amount of packing as I had!

Cheers,
Rich 

By Diablo_Mille_R on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 12:18 pm:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

Try again
-My Image- 

By Diablo_Mille_R on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 12:22 pm:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

Sorry for the three posts and no image, this site is playing up agin. I'll try again later. Hammy, can you delete the two earlier posts please!  

By Diablo_Mille_R on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 12:23 pm:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

-My Image- 

By Diablo_Mille_R on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 12:28 pm:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

1,-My Image-

I give up. I'll try again tomorrow 

By Daz on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 12:48 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

You trying to get Leon converted to the sound of v-twins already or sumat dude?!  

By Befbever on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 12:52 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Hey Rich!
Congratulations to you and Jus btw! No, not for having a noisy can.
I hope all is well in the diablo household.

Rivets?
Bought packing material?

By Diablo_Mille_R on Saturday, July 20, 2002 - 02:02 am:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

-My Image- 

By Diablo_Mille_R on Saturday, July 20, 2002 - 02:05 am:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

Wahey - at last. The black raggy bit at the end of the perforated pipe is all that was left

Bef - £200 for the can swayed me a little, I can get a good few months use out of that before it becomes more expensive than buying a new can.... 

By Taffrsv on Saturday, July 20, 2002 - 02:08 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

By Diablo_Mille_R on Saturday, July 20, 2002 - 08:55 am:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

Hey Taff, I know it was a good deal, but you never said the packing was extra 

By Crmc33 on Saturday, July 20, 2002 - 09:33 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

just think of the weight saving (again) 

By Taffrsv on Saturday, July 20, 2002 - 10:36 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

Rich for another 50 quid more you could have had the whole thing  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation