New tyres req'd finally & @ just around the 2000kms mark!

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: New tyres req'd finally & @ just around the 2000kms mark!
By Exdukenut on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 05:15 am:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Yep the 010's have finally got to the stage of replacement and I'm going to have a to go to another 010 front but an 020 rear, as I've got a 3000km trip late October (doing the Great ocean Road and the Australian GP) and they'll last till just before I do my next track day in December.

And that's both front and rear are well worn, (not good for damp and wet conditions, still oK for maybe 200kms more of dry weather)!, ie they are, well (bald?) into the wear marks on the outside of the tyre . I don't know about you guys, but a good profiled and well treaded tyre, does it for me.

After that I'll be trying the Sportec's for the track, as both tyres will be ready to swap out again.

All up I had 800kms touring, 300-400 of track kms, and around 700-800kms just doing the local scratcher roads.

Bloody twins and they're propensity for shredding the mid to outside of their tyres! I wouldn't have it any other way!. god I love corners and the drive a twin gives out of them!

Stay upright guys!

By Daz on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 06:38 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Enjoy Ex!!

Great to hear you'll be going to the GP - is that bike or (ssss) car? 

By Richandall on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 06:39 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Quote:

After that I'll be trying the Sportec's for the track

If you only got 2000km from the BT010's (mostly riding the edges!) why not fit the Sportecs now? Can't do any worse mileage and the 020 might not suit your style and spit you off all the time
Then what!

Btw I luv my M-1's.

- Rich 

By Racerxlilbro on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 06:53 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

I've got about 1,000 miles on my 010's and there starting to look a little shagged...and yes, the rear is more worn than the front for all you doubters! 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation