Friday boredom

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: Friday boredom
By Crmc33 on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 03:56 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

how about a nice piccy of an RS3 with its underwear off to brighten up another boring day at work....
Monkeys nuts

Almost as nice as a Falco 

By Daz on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 01:11 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

How amazing is that swing arm?!!!  

By Benw on Sunday, July 14, 2002 - 12:50 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

I went up to the GP practice at Donnington yesterday. The RS3 sounds amazing! Much lower in tone than it seems on the TV. There is a boom each time it changes gear too!

Gary McCoy was sliding the rear out of the Melbourne loop - awesome to see!

Rossi was steaming along - pole position.

Biaggi fell off in front of us; on the power out of the loop, he slightly highsided it and was being dragged along beside it before he let go.

The fourstrokes sound pretty shite on part throttle, popping and banging all over the shop. The Suzuki V4s seemed the worst for it. The M1s were pretty awful too. Rossi's V5 sounded pretty sweet though. The two-strokes definately sounded the best for carburation though, clean everywhere in the rev range.

Should be a good race today!

B  

By Taffrsv on Monday, July 15, 2002 - 02:53 am:  View Taffrsv's Profile Search for other posts by Taffrsv Edit this post

Got to agree with Ben, the RS3 sounds the best, the Suzuki is pants, but the M1 sounds awesome I was lucky enough to get up close to the M1, I even held the exhaust (full system) in my hand, its as light as a feather, its made by Termi I tried to convince them I could adapt it to fit on my bike but they would not have it.

At the end of the day there was a carboard box in the back of the trucks with all the damaged parts from the weekend, approx £50000  

By Rsvdave on Monday, July 15, 2002 - 04:32 am:  View Rsvdave's Profile Search for other posts by Rsvdave Edit this post

Again, got to agree on the sound of the RS3. Popping and banging like an F1 car on the down shifts. Awesome...

The M1 did sound good too though, quite distinctive. The V5 wasn't as loud as I expected, just a deep rumble.

I thought the Suzuki sounded like someone playing a didgeridoo in a large cave

RSV Dave 

By Exdukenut on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 04:51 am:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

how do you know what a didgeridoo sounds like in a cave! You're not aboriginal or australian! 

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 05:17 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

maybe rsvDave is really rsvRolf? 

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 06:17 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Also,
apart from the nice swinger n pipe that RS3 looks a bit of a mess really tho dontchafink?
Nothing a set of nice chrome effect radiator guards, micro indicators, ace bars, piston shaped tyre valve covers and telefix fork brace wouldnt cure tho!

Still wouldnt say no to one if it were available for less than a 'pony'. 

By Daz on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 06:46 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

I love the frame too Ad, all nice and angular. It looks 'quality'.

They need to ditch the pneumatic valves though eh? What's the point if you aren't reving that high anyway?!  

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 06:54 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

18000 rpm is fairly high I think.

I know I wouldnt fancy trying to hold onto the conrod at that speed! (even if I was small enough to fit in the cylinder) 

By Rca on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 07:12 am:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

They need to ditch the pneumatic valves though eh? What's the point if you aren't reving that high anyway?!

You can also get extra valve lift with pneumatics.  

By Daz on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 08:16 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Trust you two!  

By Daz on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 08:17 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

PS It isn't reving to 18000 from what I've heard...  

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 11:22 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

the problem isnt that the engine isnt making enough power. IMHO its more to do with it wieghs more like a whale than a racing bike and its got dithering rider!
Aprilia should bring Doohan out of retirement to ride it!
On the subject of the revs, it probable doesnt sound like its revving that high cos the engine is designed to rev high and hence revs very smoooothly. Just my Murray Walker Style Hypothethethis 

By Daz on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 11:32 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

I meant from what I've read about it cmrc, 15k revs or something like that. 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation