Whats the weight of the run-in oil used by Aprilia in the 01 RSV?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: Whats the weight of the run-in oil used by Aprilia in the 01 RSV?
By Scottaride on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 08:49 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

I want to replace oil at 100 miles,but the dealer doesnt know what to use while still running in.  

By Crmc33 on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 11:05 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

I would use 10/40 mineral oil.
Not synthetic.

...using 15/50 seems to aggravate Mr. Clutch and he slips over (altho the 01 Mille has the better clutch I think) 

By Benw on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 12:15 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

I might be wrong but I was under the impression that the oil used to run-in an engine is some sort of special stuff. Sort of engineered to do the job. Not just your normal mineral oil.

Might be worth phoning one of the oil manufacturers, ie motul, putoline, shell etc.

B  

By Rsvdave on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 07:36 am:  View Rsvdave's Profile Search for other posts by Rsvdave Edit this post

I was told it was a 'cutting' oil used to bed in the engine.

Don't know how true that is...

RSV Dave  

By Crmc33 on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 11:44 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

I wouldnt put cutting oil init especially one for Aluminium such as parafin

Ive read on other sites that just normal mineral auto oil does the trick nicely. 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation