Daz dazzes again...

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: Daz dazzes again...
By Daz on Sunday, July 07, 2002 - 08:30 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Crashed my new Fazer on the Brum MAG run yesterday, blub! :(

Craziest thing was it was in a straight line on a dual carriage way at about 30ish miles per hour!! The bike in front braked and when I braked the front immediately locked up and down onto it's left hand side went the bike.

Zhaith was behind (thank god no one else crashed) and he's said he saw the puff of smoke from the tyre before the bike went down!

Quite a bit of damage done but fortunately the bike is still rideable.

Don't know whether it was me being hamfisted, something on the road or a combination of the two. I've been riding about 6 years now and this has never happened before to me! I've tested the Fazers brakes a few times before yesterday and found it does stoppies with amazing ease (same as the R6 really!) - far easier than the falco anyway.

Fecking can't believe it but at least I'm keeping up the tradion right?!

Daz 

By Falcofra on Sunday, July 07, 2002 - 09:01 am:  View Falcofra's Profile Search for other posts by Falcofra Edit this post

Dazz
You need to give up working out in the gym or cut your front brake lever in half!!!
Seriously though I'm sorry to hear about your latest off, you do seem to have a lot of bad luck.
Fraser.  

By Befbever on Sunday, July 07, 2002 - 10:54 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Bloody hell, Daz!
You're trying to break my record or what? Thank goodness you're okay mate.

By Bonerp on Sunday, July 07, 2002 - 11:21 pm:  View Bonerp's Profile Search for other posts by Bonerp Edit this post

Daz,
I did this the first day I picked up my BRAND NEW Suz Hayabusa, with a loverly Alstare Corona paint job.

Coming up to roundabout, plonker in front braked hard for no reason, so I slammed on the anchors, front locked up, wheel slid, bike goes down on the right side. Girlfriend goes flying, I stay with bike to minimise damage! Damage to side fairing (and that glorious paint!).

I put it down to new new rubber though and a crap road surface!

Always fitted crash mushrooms after that!!!!  

By Racerxlilbro on Monday, July 08, 2002 - 08:23 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Daz! Glad you're okay...

WTH, dude? Be careful, will ya? 

By Scotty on Monday, July 08, 2002 - 08:43 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

Daz,

Sorry to hear that m8.

How many miles you done on your tyres?  

By Brianr on Monday, July 08, 2002 - 10:21 am:  View Brianr's Profile Search for other posts by Brianr Edit this post

Daz
stop it!
its just a cry for attention
its not big and isent clever

BrianR

ps hope your ok  

By Exdukenut on Monday, July 08, 2002 - 02:56 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Daz, I'd be getting yourself a car at this rate 

By Daz on Monday, July 08, 2002 - 11:34 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Thanks everyone!

Fra - hehe, or let out half the brake fluid eh?! Now that's why the RGV's brakes were so shit!! ;)

hehe, bef - I didn't crash the R6 or the GSX-400!! Making up for it now though eh?!

Paul - sorry to hear about your 'busa, still got it? Wonder if Vladmand ever checks these pages out??

B - cheers mate, I'm okay - just a dislocated thumb and bashed up hip and shoulder.

BrianR... sorry boss, I'll not do it again. I hope!

Scotty about 600ish so no excuse there, lol!

Ex - I do and I have crashed this too! LOL! j/k...

Daz  

By Benw on Monday, July 08, 2002 - 11:54 pm:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

Aaarrgghhh!! DAZ, WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING AT????

Glad to hear you're ok though...

B 

By Richandall on Tuesday, July 09, 2002 - 03:26 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Daz - arrived late at the party, what's new, and am totally gobsmacked. Have you thought of donating yourself to a spermbank before its too late? I mean, c'mon, you can't go on forever getting away with torn muscles and multiple dislocations. Mother Nature is trying to tell you something OK and it might just be, Advanced Riding or better still, Essex Police Responsible Rider 2002 programme

I'm really glad you're still OK. Sorry about the bike, but crashing can only improve its looks so good move there!

- Rich

If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much space

By Rca on Tuesday, July 09, 2002 - 06:14 am:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

Daz,

Carry on like this and you'll be nominated for the Darwin Award.

Russell 

By Daz on Tuesday, July 09, 2002 - 07:53 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

hehe, fook off you guys! Bit of bad luck and suddenly I'm the worlds worst rider!! I don't think so and that's that.

I'm bigger than you guys, so no arguing this point, K?

Seriously though, this accident was a silly one or an unlucky one and that's all.

daz 

By Befbever on Tuesday, July 09, 2002 - 11:11 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Yeah, Daz, as if no-one has ever had a silly crash eh?
(I've had plenty of those btw )

I seem to remember a 20 year-old American youngster winning his first 500 GP at Spa by a landslide in 1982. He finished his victory lap and fell off while turning the bike. He became the champion of the world the year after.

And what about Sito Pons after winning the Dutch TT? He was waving at the crowd while the rider in front slowed down. He hit the brakes and fell off! Another World Champion that was.

Hmmm, I seem to be onto something here. Could our Daz be the next World Champion?
Does a bear shit in the woods?
Does my coat fit me like a glove?

By Spoof on Tuesday, July 09, 2002 - 11:56 am:  View Spoof's Profile Search for other posts by Spoof Edit this post

Can I wrench for you when you hit the big time, Daz? I could make a good Tire Pressure Boy or something maybe....

I've had silly crashes without the proper protective gear on. That makes stitches in my head and me a sillier crasher than Daz. 

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, July 09, 2002 - 01:32 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Bef,
I think your coat will be pretty saggy now after the number of times youve been to fetch it

Daz, you need eyes in the back of your head to ride a bike, you should know that! In fact, maybe your eyes are in the back of your head and youre helmet is covering them? Maybe you should put your helmet on backwards and sit on the bike facing rearwards?
Gets you thinking doesnt it! There must be a market out there somewhere for helmets with eye holes in the back of them.
....and automatically returning coats..that would come in handy for me at the moment I think 

By Mr_Venjer on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 05:24 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Daz, sorry to hear about your stunt riding. Be glad you won't be waiting in excess of 3 months for your replacement parts though , don't get me started on Aprilia spares again, .

Anyway, hope to see you soon sometime, just back from a cheap and cheerful week in Magaluf, what a pile of shyte. Remind me to "spend" some money on a decent holiday next time. You definately get what you pay for in spain.

The Kevster 

By Daz on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 06:42 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Sh*t, sorry the hol wasn't any good - would be interested to hear why it was so pants?

Fingers crossed the Amsterdam trip will be better geez.

The vid (along with crmc's paint) will be in the post tomorrow, Big Kev.

Thanks about the crash - already got the paint and the carbon fibre engine cover thingy from engine armour and will be tarting the bike up this week.  

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 06:50 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

CHEERS DAZ!

Has zee paint been zent to mein German addrezz?  

By Racerxlilbro on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 07:42 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Daz,

Maybe you ought to introduce a little air into the front brake circuit? ...either that or spring for a new Bimmer with ABS??? 

By Daz on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 08:19 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Bastid!!

Glad you had a great time at Laguna Seca B, top races too eh?!

crmc... ja, sie bist um die ecke!!

Daz 

By Racerxlilbro on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 11:37 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Races were great, especially race 2 of WSB...GO COLIN! Woo Hoo, USA, USA, USA!

I liked how jorge kept telling me that Bayliss was just waiting for his opportunity to pass Edwards...NOT! 

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 12:37 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Thanks Daz, that is Scheiße heiß mate! 

By Daz on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 02:31 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

RacerX - Colin did great! I was sure Neil and Troy were going to take each other out in race 2! Maybe a fancy restaurant or a movie...

Where were you watching from?

crmc... thought you said scheiße kopf for a moment there! Ich weiße nicht! LOL! (that's my german vocab expended then, oh apart from harig hoden! )

Daz 

By Racerxlilbro on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 06:28 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Dazzler,

I watched race one from the outside of turn two...a great spot...you can see everything but the run from turn 6 to the corkscrew. Race two I watched from the infield, inside of turn 3...which was right across the way from the Rene tent. Did they show Ruben Xaus crash TWICE on the sighting lap??? 

By Daz on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 11:29 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

WHAT?! Twice on the sighting lap?! What a nutter, on eurosport we only saw the action from the start of each race (and we didn't even see the start of the first race properly as the director was busy watching the back of the field...durr....).  

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 11:43 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Xaus really is a waster IMHO. He's good entertainment tho and Hodgson must love him cos he makes him look so good on an inferior bike.

I saw the scrap between Hodgson and Bayliss. I was really surprised the risks that Bayliss took to stay in front. MY first reaction whilst watching the scrap was that Bayliss was an idiot for doing it. I felt that he relied completely on Hodgson to not close the door on him and cause him to crash. If you have a crash at some of the bends there you often dont get up again for a few months. It was especially crazy cos a few bends later it was clear that his bike had more power/grip than Hodgsons and he would have been able to get past Hodgson in a safer/more controlled way later in the lap anyway.
I think Bayliss is a great rider, but when he did that I thought he was playing his luck a little too much. I dont care how far in front Bayliss is in the WC, one big crash as could have occurred there and he would soon find himself regretting it!
I thought the onbard shots (and SOUNDS) of E Bostrom on the ZX7 were great. You could tell he was really getting the most out of the bike and he obviously knew his way round Laguna Seca. Unfortunately not quite well enough tho. It would have been good to see the Kwack win. 

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 06:44 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

I was in turn 3, and watched as Xaus rode straight off the track, across the gravel trap, and into the hay bales...he got restarted, took off, and crashed in the corkscrew, which they showed on "Speed's" Bikeweek last night.

Crmc33, careful...Jorge and Ruben are close friends! 

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 06:50 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Do you mean Jorge hammers the dents out of the exhausts for Ruben?beer! 

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 07:49 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

By Myapriliarsv on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 07:57 am:  View Myapriliarsv's Profile Search for other posts by Myapriliarsv Edit this post

Hey Racer

Most excellent to meet you. Hey everyone beware, racerx is one big mutha....so don't give him any lip.

I also saw Xaus'crash in corner 3...looked like his throttle was stuck as just rode down the entire straigh away trying to get the bike sorted. One thing about Ruben is he actually went back out and finished the race.

It was disappointing to see that Haga retired after both crashes.... 

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 10:56 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

***Most excellent to meet you. Hey everyone beware, racerx is one big mutha....so don't give him any lip.***

I know, I write like I'm big, right? 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation