DERISTRICTIND A 250

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: DERISTRICTIND A 250
By Pmcc2002 on Thursday, July 04, 2002 - 09:49 am:  View Pmcc2002's Profile Search for other posts by Pmcc2002 Edit this post

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE PROCEDURE FOR DERISTRICTING A RS 250 EUROPEAN IMPORT AS IT TOPS OUT AT 11O MPH. THANKS  

By Mental_Trev on Friday, July 05, 2002 - 12:39 am:  View Mental_Trev's Profile Search for other posts by Mental_Trev Edit this post

Not a clue - sorry!  

By Rca on Friday, July 05, 2002 - 01:51 am:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

I suggest you try derestricting it when the bike is stationary. 

By Mark on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 02:10 am:  View Mark's Profile Search for other posts by Mark Edit this post

Best speak to the importer, if they deal in them they should know the procedures.  

By Diablo_Mille_R on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 02:34 am:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

I know the restrictors on most Jap bikes are in the speedo head unit. Usually a metal contact that touches the needle, or a cam, at about 110mph. The destrict cure is to take the speedo apart and bend the contacts so they do not touch at 110 and over. Just clipping the wires does not work as they use a shunt to provide a resistance, hence the need to take the thing apart. Maybe an RS is the same system, but don't blame me if you take the speedo apart, cannot find a contact, and it then stops working 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation