Aug 2002 Performance Bikes (out now)

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: Aug 2002 Performance Bikes (out now)
By Diablo_Mille_R on Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 01:50 am:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

Just got PB by post as per my subscription. A few items to note, it now seems to be trying to make up the lack of technical content with half naked airhead females. it had gone downhill from the heydays of 2000 anyway, and now John Robinson has departed this life it seems PB has seriously lost its way. No longer is it the technical 'how to ride/setup/tune to go faster' it once was, it is now more like max power for bikes. If I want to look at half naked birds I'll either buy Superbike, or Razzle. if I want to read about bikes I buy PB. Oh well, I won't be renewing my subscription that for sure, I'd rather buy a Keith Code book or some of JR's books once every 6 months with the money instead. Max Power for bikes, nothing more.

Onto other stuff, and nice to see the RSVR stuffing everything in the Cadwell track thrash, and who should be in there but none other than Jo Herrod, who I suspect is the 'they broke my bike' complaining Mywifedave woman (who's husband is quoted as being Nick, so whats the Dave thing all about?). Also for the RSVR tuning stuff, I see Rene get a plug for the full system and airkit. Jorge gets where the sun don't shine

Later
Rich 

By Richandall on Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 02:38 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

well, my names andrew and i'm called richard so its quite possible mywifesdave, tho' i never asked her and she answered to angela last time i spoke to her (about a month back)

- Rich

By Befbever on Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 03:07 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

All of my brothers are called Bill. Except Joe, he's called Frank.  

By Zhaith on Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 06:28 am:  View Zhaith's Profile Search for other posts by Zhaith Edit this post

Aye rich tis a sad day for PB fans, not at all impressed,, but at least my subscription runs out with the current issue, if i had renewed a week ago i'd have been pissed, looks like i'll stick to ride, or god forbid even bike.

and as for T.W.O thay can poke that up their ass as well  

By Diablo_Mille_R on Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 06:35 am:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

Hey - I quite like Bike, Orgi is funny, they have great articles on biking adventure, the nostalgia stuff, and the best photography of any bike mag. Barry Sheene is funny too, I've got a lot of time for him, espec after seeing him ride a Norton in the Classic support race at last years British GP. Still a hell of a rider. Bike just do thier thing, not try to make up for lack of content with crap like birds and stuff. Ride seems to be the IAM choice, along with Motorcycle Mechanics

By Daz on Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 08:30 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

I saw Bazza too Rich, rode well didn't he!! He won if I remember right?

>>All of my brothers are called Bill. Except Joe, he's called Frank.

By Mr_Venjer on Wednesday, July 03, 2002 - 01:57 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Daz, any news on the Rocky video ??

Kevin  

By Daz on Wednesday, July 03, 2002 - 03:34 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Oooooops!

Nope, will get it done soon Mr V. I need to post a few things so no more procrastinating eh?!

Kevin - the Assen trip is now in September (for the WSB races)... are you coming? Just asking as if you're already going with your colleagues you might want to merge the two?

Dazla  

By Daz on Wednesday, July 03, 2002 - 03:35 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Ah, just read your other post. Have a top time Big Kev! 

By Joherrod on Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 12:30 pm:  View Joherrod's Profile Search for other posts by Joherrod Edit this post

Blimey, are you lot always so confrontational?

It's from League of Gentleman for those who don't watch it (I couldn't come up with anything more inspiring).

"And I still haven't got my bike back"....she whined.  

By Crmc33 on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 04:16 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Some info to bore (ooer) you all....(again)

Donington Inca race 2001
Results:
Saturday 10 Laps - 25 miles.
1 Adrie De Ridder (Seeley) 18m 47.782s 79.90mph.
2 John Cronshaw (Walmsley Manx) 18m 48.127s 79.67mph.
3 Glen English (Walmsley Manx) 18m 48.268s 79.66mph.
4 Barry Sheene (Walmsley Manx) 18m 49.186s 79.6mph.
5 Sandro Baumann (Seeley) 18m 58.556s 78.94mph.
6 Vernon Glashier (Summerfield Tickle Manx) 18m 58.616s 78-84mph.
Fastest Lap: Cronshaw 1m 51.522s 80.70mph.

Sunday 10 Laps - 25 miles.
1 Barry Sheene 18m 44.760s 79.91mph.
2 Adrie De Ridder 18m 45.213s 79.88mph.
3 Glen English 18m 46.087s 79.82mph.
4 Sandro Baumann (Seeley) 18m 47.696s 79-71mph.
5 Franz Glausier (Seeley) 19M 12-777s 77-97mph.
6 Jerry Summerfield (Summerfield Manx) 19m 17.496s 77.65mph.
Fastest Lap: English 1m 51.238s 80.90mph.

Sheene bottled it in the first race when the front runners started elbowing each other down the straight! I wish I was there banging fairings wiv em! It would be nice to do as Sheene does and turn up and get on a fully prepared 20K manx norton replica. It mite happen one day.
He is still an ace rider indeed, but IMHO there are others out there on inferior bikes that would have the beating of him. Hey, but thats racing!

I dont know if Sheene is there again this year?  

By Crmc33 on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 04:39 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Bef,
How can Joe ever be perfectly Frank with you when he has a double identity? 

By Crmc33 on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 04:51 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Back onto the Perf Bikes subject, what if they had some free stickers with the next issue? Maybe that might help?...not

I actually think PB has improved since the last time I bought it (about 3 years ago) It still has too many adverts but there are some interesting articles which arent based on just another GSXR/R1/Mille/998 shootout. Like the modded RG500 and the Buell hill climb thing.
I do think that much of the writing is drivvle tho so nothing changes there. Am I right in thinking that Simon Hargreaves is the new editor? If he is, I fear the quality wont any better in months to come.
TBH, Ive lost interest in all the mags (maybe Im just getting old) as they concentrate too much on the race track behaviour of bikes and how fast they are, rather than the pure enjoyment of riding. Ive said it before...riding a GSXR1000 is very exhilerating cos of the speed and power but Id rather do half the speed on a V-twin or similar and grin much more. I think the mags dont think about this side of it much.
just my 100th 2p's worth (you all owe me 2 quid) 

By Crmc33 on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 05:34 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Im  

By Crmc33 on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 05:35 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

talking  

By Crmc33 on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 05:35 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

to  

By Crmc33 on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 05:36 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

myself  

By Crmc33 on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 05:36 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

again  

By Zhaith on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 07:49 am:  View Zhaith's Profile Search for other posts by Zhaith Edit this post

lol crmc how strange at least your spilling gotten beter.

BTW next months PB has an article on Falco v firestorm v duc 900ss, and on further readng it's actually a bit better than it was so sub renewed, fickle aint i  

By Richandall on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 08:06 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

If next month's PB's out this month does that make it this month's and can I get one now too?

Anybody?

By Crmc33 on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 01:23 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

dont know.
I cant read the writing on the frunt cuvver (nice spellin agane eh) as its too small. I think Im going blind for some odd reason. Must be all those blonde babes on every page that catch my 'attention' and wear my eyes out 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation